Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Nobody claims that Bush and company are comprised of very honest folks, just smart folks! As Carl Rove states: "Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!" A very smart look at the world!

Sure looks like honesty is bad politics.

As Carl Rove states: "Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!"

Attribution? Or are you just taking artistic license with an old quote?

What does the "Big Lie" have to do with this rather smart concept?

Carl Rove is a good man and doesn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Hitler!

What does the "Big Lie" have to do with this rather smart concept?

As far as I cared to dig, you were paraphrasing Goebbles. I was just wondering where the connection between one man's word and another's mouth or pen came into play.

Here you go with your insults again! You are a grown man Dave, come up with something of your own, and leave that Nazi stuff at home!

"Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!" wasn't meant as advice, it was a warning by Carl what competitors might do.

Question, Lardmeister. Are you intentionally spelling Karl Rove's name incorrectly here?

Yes I do, the K is too German for my taste.

Here you go with your insults again! You are a grown man Dave, come up with something of your own, and leave that Nazi stuff at home!

"Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!" wasn't meant as advice, it was a warning by Carl what competitors might do.

I don't see where he is insulting you, unless pointing out the the words you ascribe to Rove have roots elsewhere counts as an insult.

Too german? You have some issue with Germans that requires you to mispell names that appear Germanic?

Visit here if you dare:
http://www.auschwitz.dk/Auschwitz.htm

I've stood in the middle of Dachau when the bells toll the hour. I'm perfectly aware of what some Germans did during those years of Hitler's reich.

It has absolutely no bearing on your posts. Others pointed out that what you attributed to Rove saying was essentially describing the "Big Lie" propaganda technique. Then you went off on some xenophobic tangent against Germans. Do you actually believe that all Germans support what was done in the Holocaust? I really hope that you don't, but even if you do it's completely irrelevant to what Dave posted. Perhaps you did not read the link past seeing the word "Hitler" near the top, but that is no one's fault but your own.

Pwned.

Lardmeister, a few words of advice:
Hate only spreads hate!

So the program was planned and started implementation under Billy Boy Clinton.

Wonder how they'll blame that one on Bush...

Maybe it was the Illuminati!

read yesterday that the leftists are now blaming Bush for the Kennedy assassination.
Never mind that he was just a rookie ANG pilot at the time.

read yesterday that the leftists are now blaming Bush for the Kennedy assassination.
Never mind that he was just a rookie ANG pilot at the time.

Haha! Which leftists were those?

So the program was planned and started implementation under Billy Boy Clinton.

Mathematics is obviously not your forte, 7 months before 9/11/2001 would put that at 2/11/2001.

"Billy Boy Clinton" is a derogatory name for a United States president. This must be one of your few skills. Sounds to me, that you are one of those envious "Let's Hate America" characters that my history teacher is talking about. She suggested to call you "Dutch Boy", which in the US is a bargain priced house paint that looks good initially, but peels off in a few short years. However, I won't stoop that low!

yup. And you seriously think Bush would have been able to plan and put into operation that super duper secret CIA spy operation on the US population in a single month?

No, it was started by Billy "blow me some more Monica" The Kid Clintoon, put into operation by people appointed by him, and never cancelled.
In fact it wasn't until those Clintoon appointees were replaced by Bush appointees that the operation became known to the outside world.

And I find it rather interesting that anyone who doesn't like Clintoon "hates America" while your irrate hatred of Bush is apparently quite nationalistic and shows your great love for the country.

But then that's the general attitude of leftists all over the world. Anything they don't agree with is "hatred", "inflamatory", "should be banned" even while they're constantly degrading others and taking away their freedom.

Just because you manage to read some ultra right tabloid and call ex-president Clinton childish names like "Billy Boy" or "Clintoon", that does not make you an expert on whose is right and who is left. Grow up, show me some brain!

Please define 'ultra right tabloid', Lardmeister. An interesting definition I heard for a similar term (arch-conservative) was 'anything to the right of Pravda', and I'm curious as to whether or not that's the definition you are using here.

while they're constantly degrading others and taking away their freedom.

Well, this tactic seems to rather be favored by the right in recent years. Demagoguery isn't exactly a boon to freedom. "Moderate" and "centrist" seem to be the groups most out of favor these days.

Here would be an example of ultra right:

Slash-and-burn columnist Ann Coulter shocked a cable TV talk-show audience Monday when she declared that Jews need to be "perfected" by becoming Christians, and that America would be better off if everyone were Christian.
Coulter made the remarkable statements during an often heated appearance to promote her new book on advertising guru Donny Deutsch's CNBC show "The Big Idea."
In response to a question from Deutsch asking Coulter if "it would be better if we were all Christian," the controversial columnist responded: "Yes."
"We should all be Christian?" Deutsch repeated.
"Yes," Coulter responded, asking Deutsch, who is Jewish, if he would like to "come to church with me."
Deutsch, pressing Coulter further, asked, "We should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians?" She responded: "Yeah."
Coulter deflected Deutsch's assertion that her comments were anti-Semitic, matter-of-factly telling the show's obviously upset host, "That is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.