I noticed that search engines easily indexed titles and descriptions fast... and i don't see much value on meta keywords. any same insights?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Some says it has no effect in SE. No matter how useless is the meta keywords, I still used it even if it is less effective. I think this is only a little factor. Remember all small things becomes big if combined.

Just make sure that you use all three of these tags in the head : keyword, description and title (not the meta title)

Yahoo is the only search engine that really uses meta keywords anymore

Just remember that your meta description is often what Google uses as the tag line for search results. So keep in mind that the description is what drives people to click on your organic ranking.

meta tags and meta description are not important if your webpage has more than 5 PR. Because it means webpage is getting visitors and that page is important so that search engines give preference to show in good ranking while anybody search that page content.

Meta Tags are now history of past. Even then if you are using Meta tags make sure you have relevant content on that page. I have seen many websites which have common title and keywords for all its pages thought the site.

Yahoo reccomends using metatag and it will boost your rank with them.

Meta tags are useful in Yahoo SE but for Google I don't think so...

yes!!!
google does not put more load on meta tags......

Meta tags are certainly not going to stop being relevant for as long as Google continues displaying the meta description in SERPs. The text that appears there is your 'creative', as it's called in advertising, and it can make the difference between you getting the click and someone else getting it any time the user isn't already sure yours is the site they want.

Google is not using meta detail any more but still title is rocking.

Google is, in fact, using meta descriptions in SERPs as of this writing. What they may not be doing is using meta descriptions that are abusive, keyword-stuffed, etc.

I think meta tags always usefull . google always use ur meta tags most important is title, description and keywords thats it. It will be always in your meta tags.

Hello,

I have a question particularly about the Keyword meta tag. I've read a lot people saying that a particular shouldn't be repeated over and over again in this meta tag. I've also read that search engines distinguish between singular and plural forms of a word, and keyword phrases.

For example, a domain could be highly ranked for 'book', but not necessarily for 'books' nor for 'book seller' or 'bookstore'. So, should in the keyword tag is writing "books, book, book seller, bookstore", the same as writing "book, seller, store"?

It seems widely agreed upon that Google no longer uses it for their indexing, however, I noticed that it is still used by directories. Someone on this thread also mentioned that it may still be important for Yahoo, as well.

I'm sure Meta Tags can halp! but sure there is not realy effect like title or description.

I never see critical changes in my site position whan I used Meta Tags or changed it but I still use it

Interpreting the keywords is up to the search engine, but the most expected practice would be that the comma-separated keywords are all distinct, so no, the two examples you write would not be the same.

This is not talk about value of metatags we have to everything perfectly in search engine optimization.

If you are using a software/database based website that uses keyword that I suggest using them.

I use them in in two ways. The internal search engine built into the software needs these key words to assist your users in finding content when using your search.

Secondly, there are usually plugins that allow you to show "related articles" to a view reading page on your site. These features are usually driven from keywords.

So if building a usable website also increases my SEO than that just adds to the benefit.

my 2 cents.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.