quick question: Below is an example of my prior title tage:

Always Running / shoes / cothing

I added one word to my title tag : Always Running LLC / shoes / cothing.

My ranking had dropped significantly. I understand google does not like changes but I was renaked on the first page and now I can not find my page.

Help / suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Actually ... let me ask you a question: What was your purpose for adding LLC into your page title. Page titles should really be concise, and in the space of a few keywords describe what is on the current page. No one is going to be googling for "always running llc" and, if they are, they most likely already know your domain name and are going to go right to your site.

I don't believe it's true that google doesn't like changes. The web is very dynamic, especially web 2.0. However, by taking four keywords in your title and replacing it with a fifth that is unrelated to your page contents, you diluted the value of the other four. Therefore, you might be ranking less for "shoes" or "clothing".

I understand google does not like changes but I was renaked on the first page and now I can not find my page.

Help / suggestions?

Hi,

Who said Google doesn't like changes? Well, did you do anything else on your pages expect changing title tag?

Might be worth waiting for a couple of days before properly panicking, I may just be a update to the listing. It happened to us not long ago.

I experienced the same once when I first started learning SEO. I used to get around 50 uniques before I changed and would rank on the 6th page. After I added one more keyword I lost traffic to 20 to 30 uniques and my 6th page ranking for my main keyword. From then on I have been very careful with the title tag.

Actually, are you sure it's definitely the title tag that affected your ranking? I have been hearing that Google made an algorithm change yesterday, and that many people selling text links were being penalized. Maybe it was just a coincidence?

I am totally confused about google. It is very hard to understand them, can't say when their algorithm will change and who will get penalized when and for what? It is a real mystery.

I miss the days of 2004 with quarterly pagerank updates and annual google dances. :)

hei, i am newbie how to rank a web pages. I dont know what is PR of my blogs

There really wasn't a purpose for adding LLC. My business is not branded therefore it was not a smart move. The actual keyword were: "recommedned reseller". I added in llc. I am no where to be found on google now when searching those keywords. I may have been something else or an algoritim change but I finally got on page 1 and now now nothing. This was 3 weeks ago too...

This is a total newbie quetion but can I include my url so you guys can see my title tag and give feedback?

Thanks for the the feedback

Post in the Site Reviews forum asking for an SEO review.

google also dropped my site from 7 to 12 just because i added my webiste url at the end of the titlr tag ... arrrrhhh ... I don't know what to do

It took almost 4 weeks but I got back on the 1st pageof google whith my keywords recommended reseller.

At leaset now I understand what will happen and how google views title changes. Thanks

google also dropped my site from 7 to 12 just because i added my webiste url at the end of the titlr tag ... arrrrhhh ... I don't know what to do

Remove your website url :)

quick question: Below is an example of my prior title tage:

Always Running / shoes / cothing

I added one word to my title tag : Always Running LLC / shoes / cothing.

My ranking had dropped significantly. I understand google does not like changes but I was renaked on the first page and now I can not find my page.

Help / suggestions?

If you site was already showing on SE, don't change your title or your metas because it really hurt your ranking. The exact time you change the metas is when you have a low visitors. You should have a basis on when you want to change the title.

One of factors which are taken into account for rankings a site is the Page Title. Though it may be coincident but if a page ranks high for a certain keyword and you change the title there is risk of losing that position.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.