If I were to set up a signature in a forum completely unrelated to my website will it actually benefit me? I have an odds comparison website and am struggling to find suitable forums to get appropriate backlinks from.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Most of time we find that the signatures are not relevant to the forums as created by the forum member but still it give traffic and increase the visibility of site in search engine results.

If I were to set up a signature in a forum completely unrelated to my website will it actually benefit me? I have an odds comparison website and am struggling to find suitable forums to get appropriate backlinks from.

Despite the fad, signature links are of little value even when amassed by the thousands. A few count significantly but after that they get saturated like any other repetitious link.

It strikes me as somewhat dishonest and deceptive if you were to create a signature on a forum unrelated to your website in the hopes of getting more traffic to your site? Is this what you are saying or am I misunderstanding this?

Even if Google takes them as links in the 1st crawl, it would immediately remove it in the next crawl.

There are perceptions among the webmasters that even the signature in the relevant forums are not seriously taken by Google, why do you want to make signature links in the irrelevant forums. Why do you want to waste your time on this.

I think the backlinks in your signature would benefits the linked sites in the anchor text. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.