Hi,

I have a site to which I'm regularly adding new pages, some HTML, some aspx. I regularly update and submit my sitemap to google to reflect this.

Google has been visiting every day recently and re-indexing existing pages but not adding any new ones, it's just stopped at 123 pages. There are about 300 in the sitemap. I have test crawled the site, and tested the sitemap and looked on webmaster tools (no errors) and there's nothing I can see that's causing this.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

Guessing it is a new site, I think it will take time to get indexed, just keep patience.

You only have enough pagerank juice to spread to that number of pages. Get more links pointing to your domain.

Yes remember that Google won't indexing all your pages at the current time. You need several times to get all indexed.

Well if its a new website then you need to be patient. Its best not to go overboard with optimising your website. You should follow general white hat methods to ,promote your website and Google is bound to index it on its own. A good way to get new websites indexed quickly is by getting one or two good quality links, preferably not form links pages but pages with a high PR.

Guessing it is a new site, I think it will take time to get indexed, just keep patience.

yep... sometimes it takes time to get indexed. So wait for couple of days or at least for a week.

I have the exact same problem... Google stopped indexing my new posts since may 10th... but before that, all new posts got indexed within couple of hours... It's not about link juice or backlink.. I think there is something wrong with them,...

Try to link to the new pages from your main index page, also consider linking to the page from many, most or all of your other pages.

if you have a new website then you need to have patience

you need to get backlink for non index page or you can try social bookmarking for non indexing page..

social bookmarking increase the index rate so it may help you

Just my two cents...
Google was indexing my site pretty well until I submitted a sitemap. Then, not only did my indexing stop - also my traffic died off almost completely - all my rankings tanked. No idea why.

My opinion is that Google can find your pages just fine without a sitemap as long as you have a logical structure to your site. I would build links to your top and sub level categories using social bookmarking etc. Also, on page links (in modules etc) to your lower level categories will help alot.

I think Google or other search engines would all need time for indexing your new pages. Of course, building backlinks from quality sources would greatly help in this purpose. :)

Have a nice day,

if you have a new website then you need to have patience

you need to get backlink for non index page or you can try social bookmarking for non indexing page..

social bookmarking increase the index rate so it may help you

Thanks for useful information !

I think it will take some time to indexing.. but in the meanwhile you can do link building for your new pages.. and if possible give a link to them from your home page.

I notice that whenever new site is submitted to Google it pushes that site to queue,mean website has to wait for its turn to be index by Google..I personally think that along with submitting site to Google some quality back links may also helps in indexing

If you have an RSS feed for your site, try submitting that to some RSS feed directories.

I also had the same problem with one of my blog. I think new pages or posts will be indexed after a certain time. Also it depends on the subject(if it is having the keywords which is most popular at that time).

Because I remeber I posted one new movie review once. That post was there in the first postion for some days. Even though I posted severall posts afterwards. But after some time it went down.

Wait for some time.

Try to link to the new pages from your main index page, also consider linking to the page from many, most or all of your other pages.

I feel this answer is opt for the question.

I think you should get more and more backlinks and keep on adding fresh content to it, have patience, I hope your site would be indexed soon as new sites always take some time for getting indexed.

Each web page have some image on Google search engine.
Generally,new pages are not indexed rapidly because the trust of Google on these web pages is less.
Just keep going all the processes and updates on your website.
Thanks.

Have u submitted site map and also use some social media

Link building helps! Create links that links back to those pages (new pages) you want to get listed on search engines (ex. Google, Yahoo and Bing).

when you build a new page,you could submit it to social bookmark sites,i think it is useful.

Have patience and keep on building backlinks and add some fresh unique content to your site. Hope Google will soon index new pages of your site.

Be patient - it takes time.

Have patience and keep on building backlinks and add some fresh unique content to your site. Hope Google will soon index new pages of your site.

Thanks for for the pragmatic advice. Can you tell me that how much time It would take?

Thanks for for the pragmatic advice. Can you tell me that how much time It would take?

Using Google Sitemaps, your pages can be crawled and indexed within a day or two.

Try to use a bookmark bot, there are some of them that bookomark all of the sites of your principal domain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.