Does traffic correlate directly with PR or does PR mainly mean lots of links?
You can certainly have lots of links, but that does not necessarily mean traffic, am I correct? I have a PR 5-6 site, but traffic is low now how can I generate more traffic? Increase the importance of linking pages, in other words, link with pages that are higher PR ?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Does traffic correlate directly with PR or does PR mainly mean lots of links?
You can certainly have lots of links, but that does not necessarily mean traffic, am I correct? I have a PR 5-6 site, but traffic is low now how can I generate more traffic? Increase the importance of linking pages, in other words, link with pages that are higher PR ?

We recently covered this here - http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread234960.html

We recently covered this here - http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread234960.html

Thanks Jay. I just reread the older thread and the questions was indeed, asked and answered. Funny how whenever someone talks about traffic or rank and mention linking as the key they find out that content is king.

...I have a PR 5-6 site, but traffic is low...

There's no such a thing as a PR5 website. You have a PR5 webpage, the landing page probably, within a site that has other webpages of various PR values.

PR is awarded from both internal and external web sources. In Google's eyes, a link is a link. Internal links are far more valuable than most external ones but for far more than just PR spreading. PR is an almost useless indicator. I suspect it means something economically to the search engine and they still use it to confuse GreenHat SEOs into thinking it is the pot-of-gold to infinite riches. Developing nations especially are still in a PR frenzy because of this illusion. Everybody wants PR and when they get it they can't understand why the telephone's not ringing off the hook. Traffic, sure they get some additional traffic but it isn't of any quality.

No, higher PR would not mean more traffics. It is SERP. A nice SERP for your target keywords would generate more traffics to your sites. :)

In my opinion a site having PR 7 and above are considered as authority meaning more web users are trusting and saying that these sites are trustworthy and reliable source of backlink

Ya it is obviously!!!!

of course, no, I saw a lot of sites with huge PRs, but very very crappy.

high pr means your site have lots backlinks,but i think if you want to have more traffics, you should have a good rank on search engines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.