is it a problem that in my webmaster tool account i have duplicate meta descriptions? And Duplicate title tags? I run a forum and am wondering if this hurts in terms of SEO. Any advice or info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

is it a problem that in my webmaster tool account i have duplicate meta descriptions? And Duplicate title tags? I run a forum and am wondering if this hurts in terms of SEO. Any advice or info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Duplicate metas you probably would get away with but still isn't a good idea. Duplicate Title is a major no-no because the search engine would consider it as attempted manipulation. You probably have server generated pages and they are doubling up on the HEAD tags, you'll have to fix that. If you have server generated pages doing this then you may have other duplications such as two HTML tags. If so you'll have to clean that up too because those kinds of things can stop a crawl.

ya it would bad effect on site :)

Duplicate metas are harmful for the site. Don't use duplicate meta description and title in your site.

it's not a good idear.

commented: your comment doesn't further any discussion and is useless -1

simply change your title and modify your description. Or you can add some words to your main title like " Home Page - Profile " . And your site will be removed from duplicate metas.

I think many duplicate contents including titles and meta tags picked up by Google would have negative impact on your SEO efforts. So, just find out them and fix them according to the directions from Google. :)

Have a nice day,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.