HI All, I am trying to sort this out and google is a great place to start but it get a little confusing. So I was hoping that the people for this forum can help me. I want to know how this is done or where there is a really good guide!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

My personal favourite is seomoz.org. They have a huge blog and offer valuable thorough resources on SEO. It's my place to be on the topic. You'll learn a lot there.

Right, just as jb1ker said above, you might visit top seo blogs like seomoz or seobook frequently for all new information on SEO. Of course, you need to learn some basic HTML, programming knowledge. :)

Just be careful with some of the tools that can be installed in your web browser. Some of them can send so many requests to Google (for info about the site like PR, backlinks...) that Google bans your IP.

HI All, I am trying to sort this out and google is a great place to start but it get a little confusing. So I was hoping that the people for this forum can help me. I want to know how this is done or where there is a really good guide!!!!!

SEO is about ranking webpages highly the search engine results for particular niches keyphrases.

In a simplified manner, the search engines rank pages according to how the keyphrases are made to appear important, more credible than the next keyphrase competitor.

Now, as far as search engine optimization is concerned, you can either:

A - craft important optimized webpages or
B - you can make the web pages appear to be important (usually by implementing some of the various and trendy link building schemes).

I am going to go old school and suggest a book! It is called Search Engine Visibility by Shari Thurow. Worth a look.

the site seomoz.org is very nice. I participate in their blog..

Hi All,

Let me first tell you google has got its own algorithms which can be changing at times. So, its better to be updated about various SEO tools and techniques.
One of the better way which I found is that to subscribe in some SEO newsletters. Believe me you will feel different.

Thanks

Hi All,

Let me first tell you google has got its own algorithms which can be changing at times. So, its better to be updated about various SEO tools and techniques.
One of the better way which I found is that to subscribe in some SEO newsletters. Believe me you will feel different.

Thanks

Jemmie, what you speak of at google is a favorite topic of complaint and exasperation here, the Google Dance.

I will suggest for the development of the Search Engine Optimization that SNIP........There are lots of opportunities to have a good knowledge to coduct website managemnt process

SNIP

SEO is about ranking webpages highly the search engine results for particular niches keyphrases.

In a simplified manner, the search engines rank pages according to how the keyphrases are made to appear important, more credible than the next keyphrase competitor.

Now, as far as search engine optimization is concerned, you can either:

A - craft important optimized webpages or
B - you can make the web pages appear to be important (usually by implementing some of the various and trendy link building schemes).

Hi,

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation.it is a process of improving volume or qualiyty of traffic to the website from search engines.it considers how search engine works and what the people search for?

Hi kategeorge,

You are quite right. What people generally do unknowingly cause spamming. Its just about giving the right object to right people. For eg, a person looking for furniture does not go the surgeon or physician.
So, a furniture related website is of no use in the surgeon directory list.
And every search engine works on some algo which keeps on changing. So, always update yourself with the new concept.
Thanks

seobook of aaron wall is good too..i recommend it to you buddy..just sign up for free account.

Hi,

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation.it is a process of improving volume or qualiyty of traffic to the website from search engines.it considers how search engine works and what the people search for?

Thank you for replying to an excellent definition with a standard, run of the mill answer straight from wikipedia!

You are so right about this google gives so many results if we search the term SEO

My favorite is SEO Book

My favorite is SEO Book

Search engines are text-driven.They crawl the Web looking for a particular site-items mainly text.)to get an idea what is the site about?It performs several activities to deliver the results:crawling,indexing,processing,calculating relevancy,and retrieving.

Hi,

The best way of learning website management process is to enroll youself with some subscription threads which can provide useful learning and updated SEO activities.

Also one can start reading some SEO related blogs. The good thing about these blogs is that not only content of these blogs provide information but also feedback from visitors helps in getting a lot of idea about website management process.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.