SEO has been asked again and again and again as I know.

I just wanted to bit thrown into the BEST direction (inparticular google then yahoo, etc) of what is the best coding techniques to allow your website to contain the best SEO it can.

Like Ive read many articles, etc they all differe alot from etiher good structure of a website to meta keywords and description and title.

So can anyone post to a 'guide' or 'checklist' or 'how to list' on making your site SEO compatiable?

Thanks, Regards X

PS: Also could someone explain to me what is 'google ranking' and how it can be checked and how can you increase/decrease your google ranking? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 39 Replies

INFO:

- Google ranks sites according to number of visits from Google. This is the order it places the links in on the search results pages. But the ranking also depends on how well the site matches the exact search the user typed in.

- Most engines now ignore meta content, because too many people abused it.

- Some engines look for changes. I think that is as unfair as meta packing.

- If there are two thousand sites with the same kind of content, the user would have to match your title to see your site first. So choose titles carefully.

- The best way is to make sure you have the info the people want.

What is a GOOGLE RANKING and a INDEX?

I keep hearing people refer to.

I know google seems to work alot on the TITLE, but what is the constraint on that?

Like if I have 4000 words in my title, will it just match to one of those words? exact match? how does it work?

Thanks, Regards X

SEO is basically optimizing ur pages making it accordingly to what SE likes and then following Googles Algo as far as link building is concerned from relevant websites.

Ya I know but what are those methods inparticular? or guidelines I can follow?

Thanks

I can't give you the link to my blog article so here it is :

Top 10 SEO Tips

1. Compose effective webpage Titles for each web page.

Titles should briefly but vividly capture the imagination of both the search engine and the web searcher.

Think about throwing in a near variation of that Title in a Heading tag near the top of the source code in order to propel primary and secondary keyphrases into quick visibility for both the search engine and your web visitor.

2. Use logical naming conventions.

Why name a webpage Page1.html when it can be called web-site-promotion-expert.htm . Similarly, consider using stuff like website-promotion-expert-Fred-Joly.jpg .

3. Write good descriptions.

Search engines read and consider your Descriptions. Your web searchers may get it in the SERPs (search engine results pages) and be intrigued enough to visit your webpage.

4. Craft web content so to be outstanding amongst your keyphrase competitors.

Effectively use the English language.

5. Deploy a keyphrase rich anchor linking navigational system. Create a good site map and use things like Sitemaps too.

Avoid unnatural repetition of your desired word phrases. Be creative and use all kinds of related terms. SEO is search engine optimization, Internet marketing and web site promotion.

Learn about the root and meaning of words so as to be able to increase your keyphrase dynamicabilty. Are you searching for the best web promoter?

6. Continually sharpen your pencil.

Clean up erroneous code. Fix a busted link. Develop a weak branch. Start exploring new keyphrases of interest.

7. Use trusted regional servers.

Canadian web sites should be hosted in Canada!

8. Be completely natural in the evolution of an Internet marketing strategy.

Don't create two thousand webpages today.

9. Know your top keyphrase competitors inside and out.

Some of them are using expert SEOs too.

10. Have a little search engine optimization fun sometimes, push the limits once in a while and participate in question/answer SEO discussions to broaden your understanding of the search engine game.

Green hat search engine optimizers will understand later the need to enjoy the SEO game.

commented: Thanks for the advice :) +1

Search engine optimisation is highly competitive and you will need to implement all search engine optimisation techniques in order to receive a good rank on Google. All on site and off site SEO techniques would need to be utilised effectively. Needless to mention all black hat SEO techniques which may seem attractive especially in the early stages of SEO experience should in all cases be avoided. After the basic SEO steps have been taken.g. meta tags, keyword density, etc. ultimately it will be the quality of content on your website and back links to your website form other websites that will be responsible for a first page rank on major search engines including Google.

Focus on content.
In the end that will win since that gains natural links.

Nice input people!

People talk about meta tags and keyword density, anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks

Definitely focus only on white ha ethical techniques as using black hat techniques will kill all search engine optimization on your website. Link backs and regular quality content are probably the most crucial factors. Social media is the new thing.

Anyone have any information for

"People talk about meta tags and keyword density, anyone care to elaborate?"

Also google = quality content + links + title, is that it?

Also how long can that title be?

So many tips are there and so much hard work has to do...
Then only we will achieve it..
Some tips are:
1.Make your site to look gud and better..
2.Try to sit end user in your site for some time by adding some interesting messages with good desiging..
3.include some flash file to look more good..
4.Follow reciprocal model,means place others link in your site ,then they will place our link in their site.
5.place your site url in blogs and forums and any other like orkut etc..
6.use your keywords as in simple and user friendly english..
7.Place some interesting topics and provide them by newsletters and so on..
8.Register your site address with google maps..
9.Place your images in search engines..
10.Contact search engines to adds your site.
Follow these and do hard work better..
ALL THE BEST.

ShantI

INFO:

- Google ranks sites according to number of visits from Google. This is the order it places the links in on the search results pages. But the ranking also depends on how well the site matches the exact search the user typed in.

- Most engines now ignore meta content, because too many people abused it.

- Some engines look for changes. I think that is as unfair as meta packing.

- If there are two thousand sites with the same kind of content, the user would have to match your title to see your site first. So choose titles carefully.

- The best way is to make sure you have the info the people want.

i agree to what MidiMagic has said. and in addition, SEO is always a work in progress.

That describes it best "a work in progress", because I still dont know how to get a high rank in google.

I am trying to get my family sites up there in a google search but I am totally unable to unless its the exact keyword search. If I use the area name or the type of business used it dosent even come in the first 10 pages :(

PS: Also could someone explain to me what is 'google ranking' and how it can be checked and how can you increase/decrease your google ranking? Thanks

I read this from Google Webmaster Help Center:

How can I improve my site's ranking?

Sites' positions in our search results are determined based on a number of factors designed to provide end-users with helpful, accurate search results. These factors are explained in more detail at http://www.google.com/technology/index.html.

You can read more of this here

Ya I have read google(tells you guidelines but still cant improve ur rank unless u have alot of high ranking webpage friends - I wana know how these people make new web pages and within a week its number 1 hit on a search it kills me!!! :() on it but thanks for reminding me, two points:

-Submit a Sitemap as part of our Google Webmaster Tools. Google uses your Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages.

-Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites.

Ok best and easiest way to make a sitemap? Same with directories? recommendations please.

Thanks, Regards X

SEO - Best Techniques always was Good Title + Good Text + Good Links

shanti said:
"8.Register your site address with google maps.."

How do I do this?

Also thanks "jubach" for the url, now that I have my site map, where do I submit it?

I here open directories, google, etc but im sorta lost if you know what I mean?

Thanks Again All, Regards X

Useing keyword anchor text with a url embeded has been my best seo Techniques.

Useing keyword anchor text with a url embeded has been my best seo Techniques.

care to explain?

Thanks, Regards X

This is which i attached , a complete material about seo....

nice 1.16mbs of info!!!

ill check it out, thanks :)

If you got correct information,then make this thread as solved...

You cant make SEO as ever solved as its always evolving...

Plus what I want is top 10 google ranking on a keyword and that still hasnt come :P

Oh thanks.

This is your physical site, address?

Not your url wise?

If you work from home I gather no need?

What is meant by white hat seo techniques? what is the different between white hat & Black hat SEO Techniques?

I can't give you the link to my blog article so here it is :

Top 10 SEO Tips

1. Compose effective webpage Titles for each web page.

Titles should briefly but vividly capture the imagination of both the search engine and the web searcher.

Think about throwing in a near variation of that Title in a Heading tag near the top of the source code in order to propel primary and secondary keyphrases into quick visibility for both the search engine and your web visitor.

2. Use logical naming conventions.

Why name a webpage Page1.html when it can be called web-site-promotion-expert.htm . Similarly, consider using stuff like website-promotion-expert-Fred-Joly.jpg .

3. Write good descriptions.

Search engines read and consider your Descriptions. Your web searchers may get it in the SERPs (search engine results pages) and be intrigued enough to visit your webpage.

4. Craft web content so to be outstanding amongst your keyphrase competitors.

Effectively use the English language.

5. Deploy a keyphrase rich anchor linking navigational system. Create a good site map and use things like Sitemaps too.

Avoid unnatural repetition of your desired word phrases. Be creative and use all kinds of related terms. SEO is search engine optimization, Internet marketing and web site promotion.

Learn about the root and meaning of words so as to be able to increase your keyphrase dynamicabilty. Are you searching for the best web promoter?

6. Continually sharpen your pencil.

Clean up erroneous code. Fix a busted link. Develop a weak branch. Start exploring new keyphrases of interest.

7. Use trusted regional servers.

Canadian web sites should be hosted in Canada!

8. Be completely natural in the evolution of an Internet marketing strategy.

Don't create two thousand webpages today.

9. Know your top keyphrase competitors inside and out.

Some of them are using expert SEOs too.

10. Have a little search engine optimization fun sometimes, push the limits once in a while and participate in question/answer SEO discussions to broaden your understanding of the search engine game.

Green hat search engine optimizers will understand later the need to enjoy the SEO game.

This is a great list. Can you PM me the link to your blog post about it. I want to book mark it on my digg site so others can find it easy, as it is a good resource.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.