Keyword Selection for Search Engine Optimization
As we all know that keyword plays the most important role in search Engine Optimisation.Well Here I am sharing some tips which I have concluded from my experience..

Get realistic estimate of keyword popularity
Don't Pick Single Word Phrases
Evaluate the competition
Choose Specific but Not Popular Keywords
Constantly Change Your Keywords

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

well I use a combination of the Overture, Wordtracker, Google and Espotting suggestion tools, they helps me a lot to get reliable keywords .

what do you mean by "Constantly Change Your Keywords"?

I had never heard of constantly changing keywords. On the other hand, I think it is important to be consistent with your keywords.

At least that is what my clients tell me when they order articles with specific keywords. I often ask if they ever change their keywords, and all of them have said NO. I am not a web master, but my clients are. So I simply give them what they ask for. And, they always keep the same keywords.

Keyword Selection for Search Engine Optimization
As we all know that keyword plays the most important role in search Engine Optimisation.Well Here I am sharing some tips which I have concluded from my experience..

Get realistic estimate of keyword popularity
Don't Pick Single Word Phrases
Evaluate the competition
Choose Specific but Not Popular Keywords
Constantly Change Your Keywords

Nice piece of information..thanks for sharing!!

Can you explain what do you mean by constantly changing the keywords.

i use both Word Wordtracker as well as Google Adwords, bcoz if we need precise results we can get conclusion from both by checking each ..

I don`t thing constantly changing the keywords will do any good. In fact I think it will damage the site because you promoted it based on some keywords...so you need to stick with them

The trick to keywords is in their dynamicability: word variations, synonymous keyphrases, pluralizations, antonyms, anagrams, acronyms, abbreviations ...

Overture search term suggesstion helps a lot in finding the prospective search terms. For this industry and market knowledge is very important.

Overture search term suggesstion helps a lot in finding the prospective search terms. For this industry and market knowledge is very important.

Overture.. now there's a blast from the past.

I have used Word Tracker and Overture and the only accurate tool I have found is to use Adwords.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.