Kindly say the difference between SMO & SEM

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

SMO - Social media optimization. Using social media we get exposure and marketing to our products or services.
SEM- Search Engine Marketing includes SEO, and PPC for your site.

SMO - Social media optimization. SMO is used to get traffic from social media sites
SEM- Search Engine Marketing. SEM is used for getting paid traffic. like PPC

@Gmiller thanks for the info and i totally agree with you. SEM is the marketing we do with the search engines via seo and SMO.

Thanks guys for discussing a nice topic!

Have a good day

Sana

In my own experiences, SEM would be the biggest concept for Internet Marketing and it should include SEO and PPC but not include social media optimization (SMO).

Thanks,

Thank you all for sharing the details...

Now i am clear with the concept..

SEM search engine marketing it include ppc etc related to paid services
SMO social media optimization with this you can advertise your site on social networking sites it is very helpful in getting traffic.

Search engine marketing, or SEM, is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of search engine optimization while Social media optimization (SMO) Social Media Optimization is the methodization of social media activity with the intent of attracting unique visitors to website content.

Great post . In my own experiences, SEM would be the biggest concept for Internet Marketing and it should include SEO and PPC but not include social media optimization (SMO).

SEM is Search Engine Marketing one of paid advertising at google .SMO is social media optimizations gaining the traffic from social networkings site like facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+ etc.

SMO & SEM both are different, social media optimizations are all about Fan pages boost on social network website Similarly Search Engine Marketing is changed it paid on Google Click Here

SEM is Search Engine Marketing one of paid advertising at google .SMO is social media optimizations gaining the traffic from social networkings site like facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+ etc.I agree with this statement.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.