Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me about the use of reciprocal link for the new web site? For the link exchanging page rank of the other site should be consider or not. If page rank should be considered then up to which level page rank must be considered.

<snip>

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me about the use of reciprocal link for the new web site? For the link exchanging page rank of the other site should be consider or not. If page rank should be considered then up to which level page rank must be considered.

SEO Services India

You question is little confusing, Can you please specify what you need to be answered?

Is better backlinks.

Hello everyone,

SEO Services India

Reciprocal links is a link building process where you build links to help increase your search engine ranking. It is also known as exchange links, where you put your link on other people's site and in return your link partner will put your link on their site.

But reciprocal links are slowly losing it's value when it comes to ranking consideration.

I think near about 100. 70 to 100 links are beneficial for your reciprocal site.

I my own experiences, link exchanging would only be useful for traffic purpose. So, if such sites are niche relative and having higher alexa ranking would be the top issue, IMO. Of course, you would only exchange your links with decent sites.

Thanks,

I have used reciprocal links in the past and I have not seen much lift in traffic. You have to think why do you want to use this approach.

I kind of agree that reciprocal links are really only good if they are placed on websites with similar content or subject matter as your site might then be of interest to the visitors of the site carrying your links.

With Regards to search engine rankings, the links to your site will still be counted by Google but i don't think they are as valueable in terms or ranking as they once were and think you would benefit from good one way links if improving your search engine ranking is your target.

Just a friendly advice: Stay away from reciprocal links. This has no weight anymore and your site would be penalized since it would appear as not natural to Google.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.