Hi,

I am fairly new to this, so please forgive my ignorance.
I have recently started blogging and have about 30 or so through Blogger. By some miracle, one of my blogs was crawled in the first week. None of the others have been. All have site maps and I have even used the link option in Blogger to add links of the other blogs to the one that has been crawled and indexed. Still nothing. I have been reading some of the posts and I understand that it can take some time, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me a way to get my other blogs crawled and indexed a little faster than if I just wait it out.

Much appreciated,

Jaimee

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

The fastest and most efficient way to get spidered at a more rapid rate is to get more backlinks going to your site. The more backlinks you get to your site, the more Google will think your site is important and will want to check for updated content.

Hope that helps!

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your response. Is there anyway you can recommend a way to do so in a cost effective manner.

Thanks again,
Jaimee

30 blogs? How do you manage thirty blogs at once? how often do you post on them? if one blog got indexed there's no reason the others shouldn't...hmm..it probably is the content..wat content does your blog which is indexed hav? and what content do the others hav?

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I write blogs through an affiliate program for Commission Junction and Linkshare. They are on various products and services. The blog that is indexed happens to be a review of Peg Perego strollers.

Thank you,
Jaimee

Jaime I noticed that you don't take advantage of your signature area for your posts here (where you could have a link to your blog), and that you don't even link to your blog in your profile page. That is a good way to get more backlinks at no monetary cost. Even beyond the backlink/google notion, it can attract members of the forum to your webpage. Like in my case, I'd like to see your blog about the stroller :)

Jaime I noticed that you don't take advantage of your signature area for your posts here (where you could have a link to your blog), and that you don't even link to your blog in your profile page. That is a good way to get more backlinks at no monetary cost. Even beyond the backlink/google notion, it can attract members of the forum to your webpage. Like in my case, I'd like to see your blog about the stroller :)

You do realize all sig links are nofollow'ed, right? ;)

HI!

Thank you so much, I will absolutely follow your advice.
I noticed that a couple of my other blogs have been crawled, but not indexed yet.....I'm sure that will happen eventually.
Of course, I found that my site that has been indexed has a PR of 0...that can't be good LOL!!

Thanks for all your great advice guys!
Jaimee

JonathanD - to be clear, the signature links are nofollows, but the general profile website link is one that is able to be seen by search engines, right?

Even though signature links are usually 'nofollow' they still get you traffic. Just not page rank.

But if you are in a relevant and high page ranking forum or ezine site blah.. and you make sure to sprinkle your keywords in posts here and there, your posts can have excellent page rank and therefore traffic too via your sig, so they're still good just a little more indirect.

This are some of the things google bot looks from a website. Hope it will be of a help
- google bot crawls your page if your site is loading fast ( so if you page is correctly build, using standards etc )
- Title of the page can be anything, but it should be a nice keyword you are after
- checks what references the page has, not the number of backlinks
- google bot loves info because google bot searches for keywords, and if you have content , you have keywords
- flash site is made for visitors for example but its not that great for SE.

Forget about PR - it is overrated... are you in the blog directories? try http://blogs.botw.org/

and do a search for more... also have you submitted to the blog aggregators like feedster etc?

I have something new to me Googlebot-o, it has consumed a day yesterday and is still there today! Will it leave my stat counter soon? Thnak You:) Chuck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.