This is my advice:
1. Follow Google's Best Practice for SEO
2. Tag all the pictures on your site so it can be searchable
3. Make sure none of your content is copied from any other websites
4. Dont practice any Gray or Black Hat SEO tactics.
5. If its a new site, remember it may take some time, but follow the above, and you be fine.
1) Join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website.
2) Submit to search engine directories.
3) Using ezine ads (or newsletters).
4) Creating and publishing articles.
5) Gaining links from related websites.
You can increase your site ranking by following ethical SEO techniques. Optimize your meta and title tags properly. They should be unique for all the pages. Make sure that you don't have duplicate contents. Do some article submission, press release, participate in forums, link popularity and SMO.
You can increase your site PR in 2-3 months but have to do hard work. First of all your site content should be quality and fresh and after that you should try to get back links for your site from High PR do follow sites which related to your niche which will be beneficial for increase site PR.
increase you site back link automatically you can get good page rank...
steps for increase backlink:
1. forum posting
2. social bookmarking
3. directory submission
4. classifieds posting
5. submit your URL in review sites
For increasing PR, I think it is important for keeping your site contents niche relative and fresh with enough quality backlinks using your targeted keywords from dofollowed sources, especially from those niche relative and authority sources.