Hi,
I have got a one new website for SEO. So need some tools that helpful in competitor analysis. So if anybody knows about it then tells me.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Hi, There are several factors you'd need to consider before choosing an ideal tool suc as the size of your site, traffic received, geographic area your site is targetting etc. You could try compete.com or other tools by Omniture and Coremetrics. Though though they're quite expensive, they're ideal for large websites. Hope that helps.

Check out Quantcast, Compete, Alexa, etc.

Why tools ?? I think this should be done manually for better and clear result.

How would you do it "manually"? You don't have access to the competitor's behind the scenes information, such as their Google Analytics account. Therefore, you need to rely on third-party tools to guestimate how much traffic they get, where they get it from, what types of promotion they are doing, what features they have, etc, so that you can stay competitive.

Check Backlinks for that site and On page seo factors

Just go to google and search for your keywords you got some results,from that results take top 5 sites and analyze.

I don't use tool. I just used to check their backlinks and onpage factors..

I learn some SEO techniques where they track their competitor's traffic called Traffic Benchmarking. If you want to really spy on your competitor, Backlink watch is a good tool for it...

check out the targeted keywords of competitor and search how much competition on that keywords in google adwords tool

How would you do it "manually"? You don't have access to the competitor's behind the scenes information, such as their Google Analytics account. Therefore, you need to rely on third-party tools to guestimate how much traffic they get, where they get it from, what types of promotion they are doing, what features they have, etc, so that you can stay competitive.

if a websites have keyword then we can manually analyse our competitor

using Google advance search operator tools like what they are using intitle, inurl,in anchor,intext or inbody

i think it will help for better competitor analysis

Hi,
I have got a one new website for SEO. So need some tools that helpful in competitor analysis. So if anybody knows about it then tells me.

depending upon the keyword and which region u are targeting traffic

Google provides some useful advanced search operators that can help in this analysis. Entering

intitle:kw1 kw2... kw#
intitle:"kw1 kw2... kw#" inanchor:"kw1 kw2... kw#

For yahoo very useful

We do competitor analysis in order to check our competitor backlinks , and for that backlinkwatch or Yahoo site explorer both works well.. but if want to know complete analysis including tags, domain age etc then you can use websitegrader.

I just use tools for check back links. Check out the target keywords of competitor and much competition on that keywords in google adwords tool.

I don't think that we need any particular tool to do analysis of competitor's site. What i personally feel is that you must check the backlinks of their site from where the traffic is going to their website and then you put your own website keywords in google's search box and check where ur website is ranking in ur competitor's website and this thing can be done mannualy we don't need any particular software to do this.

now I use Seo Spyglass to see the strength of competitors

Yes, you are right, suraworldedu, I also do the same thing.

The Best way is to do research you self by checking the inwards links of the pages of the competitors sitses

Not a big fan of tools. Just search for a particular keyphrase, go to the first few listings and analyze those pages as much as you can.

Use competitor tools like semrush and Ahrefs to do CA.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.