Hi friends ,

A small doubt of me . While I m going through SEO related studies I saw so much URLs in various sites . My doubt is which of these following URLs are really helps in SEO process

1. [url]www.mysitename.com/movie/moviename.html[/url]
2. [url]www.mysitename.com/movie/moviename[/url]

I just rewrite the following dynamic URL www.mysitename.com/movie.php?movie=moviename Thanks in advance
Rajeesh

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MaryDD

I don't understand your question. please specify it. And the 2 URL you have posted are from the same site...

Hi friend,

Thanks for your reply and my doubt is in which way I want to rewrite my URL first or second ?

Thnaks
Rajeesh

I don't understand your question. please specify it. And the 2 URL you have posted are from the same site...

What do you want to say I don't understand so please tell clearly your point. you have posted two URL of same sites.

the first url is the more correct form
the second traditionally represents a foldername, which may confuse the spider and lessen page counts
both would function properly as the rewrite is only specific to your site

mod_rewrite is fun

Edited by almostbob: n/a

Hi friends thanks for your replys and I planned to go with option 1

Once again thanks

He's asking if it's betetr to inclide a .html to the url, the urls he's posted aren't the same at all.

I would use the second one. The directory structure seems to be how most modern dynamic sites are doing it nowadays.

i think first one is more appropriate but i dont think that if you use second one then it will have some bad effect.

You don't need to write url, it would automatically we generated if you are using wordpress.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.