Am wondering if anyone here has already used the Google Plus One button on their website, and whether it is having a positive effect on search results (only for google.com at this time).

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I haven't done research on this, but my guess is that it's used for personalisation and social (sharing) stuff rather than the place on the page. If it has any influence at all, perhaps only if many people vote up or something like that.

That was my guess too. Am hoping someone can shed some light on this with actual numbers.

If they would truly want input from the users on what links should be higher, they would add a -1 link too (right?) but I'm interested in investigation on this too.

hi,

How can we convert twitter for business social network...???

Maybe it´s a little bit early to analyze the effects of +1 button in Google ...

I´m not sure if the effects could result to be positive or negative. But it will be interesting to see, if SERPs will turn out to be more personalized than before ...

does anybody already have any experience to share about the effects of BING collaboration for search results with facebook?

http://searchengineland.com/bing-ups-ante-in-social-search-re-ranking-serps-with-likes-77269

does anybody already have any experience to share about the effects of BING collaboration for search results with facebook?

Please make this a new thread, as it has nothing to do with this one.

Please make this a new thread, as it has nothing to do with this one.

OK,
no problem

Hi,

This feature is related to socializing your website. I don't think it has anything to do with ranking, the main focus is to bring traffic to website.

--------------

Agreed, but getting traffic to your website could mean an increase in your rank. So indirectly it could affect it.

We're using it, but mostly because I'm afraid that if we don't we'll get left behind, as from what I understand Google will start including it as a factor in search ranking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.