What is RSS feed & why it is important for SEO.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

An RSS feed is important for your site because you can allow your readers to subscribe to your content. In turn, they can share these feeds on social networks. The process continues your site can get exposure.

Some search engines also allow you to submit your RSS feed and they use it to index your site. I prefer to submit sitemaps instead of RSS feeds, myself.

Here is a link about how to create an RSS feed: http://www.itgeared.com/articles/1227-create-rss-feed-for-your-website/, and here is one on how to create a sitemap: http://www.itgeared.com/articles/1229-how-to-create-a-sitemap-xml-file-for-your-website/.

Hope this helps...

RSS is basically used to get more traffic on the website.Its important to show the ownership on the given content.

As per my knowledge the major benefit of RSS is to help google ans other search engine. Another major advantage of RSS is to subscribe now,

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and that is used to publish frequently updated stuffs like blog entries, news headlines, audio and video in a standard manner.
It benefits publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically.

What is RSS feed & why it is important for SEO.

RSS feed help us to index latest news related web pages in search engines and user can get updates about that web pages by simply subscribe via RSS.

An RSS(Really Simple Syndication) is used to publish update news and RSS is a dialect of XML. All RSS files must conform to the XML 1.0 specification, as published on the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) website.

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and it will help to get index updated stuff such as blog, news, article, and other updated content on online.

RSS will aid you to get the index as soon as possible.!

the major benefit is that there are many RSS directories which will increase your link building, secondly it drives quality traffic when someone looks at your news but you must have a blog not a static website

RSS feeds are not just helpful for SEO. They are also used to push new content (blogs, news stories, etc) out to subscribers.

What advantage did the SEO RSS feed for my domain site? What happens when Im not going to use RSS feeds? Any suggestions or tips? Thanks

User will be able to get updated information of a particular website, after subscribing rss feed.

RSS stands for Simple Syndication and it will help to get index updated stuff such as blog, news, article, and other updated content on online.it is basically used to get more traffic on the website.

RSS feeds are not just helpful for SEO. They are also used to push new content (blogs, news stories, etc) out to subscribers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.