Hello All
What is Black hat SEO after all. I have been doing SEO for a long time now and use the most genuine techniques listed on googles terms and Conditions. The title tag, the Links the Description metas and all the usual stuff. Could someone explain what BLACKHAT seo is . What is the thing which distinguishes Black hat seo from the White hat Couterpart
Regards and thanks in advance

happygeek commented: yawn... sailing towards a ban soon methinks -3

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

Black hat seo techniques includes keyword stuffing, hidden text, cloaking. We should avoid these techniques. Search engine can penalize your site for using such techniques. White hat seo is the best way to promote site.

you can say white hat is the ethical way of doing SEO on which we dont do any kind of spamming and its result came after a certain time and in black hat we got quick result and its unethical way but not the long lasting

White hat is Good for long time results and Black hat seo is best for getting intant results.

If you are asking about the techniques which is included in Black Hat. Then I suggest to google it and you will find name and explanation of all balck hat techniques in wikipedia.

Following or optimization a web page according to google algorithms comes under White hat SEo and optimizating a web page against google algo comes under Black hat SEO like keyword stuffing, cloaking, using doorway pages, spamming and many more.

Both are techniques of SEO.White hat SEO is used by genuine type user's while Black hat SEO technique is referred to as the inappropriate method of optimization in which hidden content, Meta tag stuffing, link farming, cloaking, duplicate content, article spinning and various other techniques are used to increase popularity of a website and in order to get more traffic.

This is a shortcut and by using this type of SEO technique, search engine may punish sites they found guilty by removing or banning them permanently.

Black Hat SEO is usually considered to be any technique that manipulates the search engine using trickery in order to highly rank web pages. The debate rages whether white hat SEO this implies adhering explicitly to the search engines' quality content guidelines. To a degree I believe that to be true. Unfortunately the search engines indicate "acceptable" methods to manipulate it thus negating any validity to having web content standards.

So, how can one differentiate between ethical and unethical SEO techniques when their isn't any substantial regulation? It's difficult.

Whenever a webmaster engages in any form of artificial link building scheme (swapping, commenting, link wheels, useless article writing, directory listings, forum spamming ... on and on on and on) it is for the intent of tricking the search engine into believing specific web pages have importance and value to the Internet. This is clearly not right. Web pages should appear highly ranked because they have the most value to the Internet searcher. Essentially what I am saying is that most SEO other than direct on-site activity unfortunately falls into the grey-black areas.

White hat SEO seems to be a simple process of creating important and unique content for the Internet visitor to enjoy and then optimizing that content and those web pages so that they are search engine friendly too. What constitutes over-optimization doesn't necessarily equate to search engine manipulation so the lines are a bit unclear in today's age.

Sure, there are SEO techniques that are clearly and deliberately misleading for the search engine and those are easy to identify as Black Hat SEO. Some of these techniques have already been mentioned in the post.

Hello All
What is Black hat SEO after all. I have been doing SEO for a long time now and use the most genuine techniques listed on googles terms and Conditions. The title tag, the Links the Description metas and all the usual stuff. Could someone explain what BLACKHAT seo is . What is the thing which distinguishes Black hat seo from the White hat Couterpart
Regards and thanks in advance

Black Hat SEO - SEO practices that are against search engine rules & regulations.

so if we do lnkbuilding using diffrtent techniques which SEO comes black hat, white hat, or grey hat.. please advise.

Black hat means unethical and illegal activities to done SEO for website against Search engine rules and White hat Seo seo means vice versa :)

White hat SEO means ethical ways of promotion. It helps to get good & long term results.

Black Hat SEO emans unethical ways of promotion. It gives instant results but serach engine banned the websites for such type of unethical work.

So always apply white hat seo techniques to promote your website

White hat SEO- any legal technique used to increase the pageranking of the website which is accepted by search engines.

Black hat SEO- any illegal way or technique used to increase the page ranking of a website which is not accepted by search engines.

Black Hat search engine optimization is customarily defined as techniques that are used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner.

White Hat SEO refers to the usage of SEO strategies, techniques and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies.

Hello everyone,

Exacutally there is no specific cretieria for balck hat. When the risk increase to panalize the site then that SEO process called balck hat seo.

SPAM DELETED

White hat is encourged by Google and black hate is spaming

hmm so now i got the concepts of white hat seo and black hat seo. thanks to all

Black Hat SEO means it does not follow Search engine rules.It follows some shortcuts.
White Hat SEO means it follows the Search engine rules strictly..........

SNIP

Black hat SEO is the 'out of the box' short term way of getting indexed by search engines. White hat SEO is the proper manual link building method. I always believe that using white hat SEO is way better.

I am new to SEO and learning things over here. I was not aware about the term, black hat seo. Is this useful to improve the page rank of your site? How it helps...I think what I am doing right now is white hat SEO.

Thanks

White hat seo techniques means, we have to follow google rules & regulations .Block hat techniques means, we are doing illegal seo activities.

black hat seo leads to promotion and google page ranked in very short period of time but its for temporary, where as the white hat seo lengthy process and leads to page ranked for long period of time and it gives permenent result

White hat SEO Techniques are Keyword Stuffing, Invisible Text,Doorway Pages. Don't use Black hat SEO Techniques. If you follow these techniques, one day you will penalize from SERP's. Better to follow the techniques of On-page.

Black Hat techniques used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner.White hat conforms to search engine designs and involves no deception.

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us..............Different between Black Hat and White Hat SEO.......

maxi dress

clutch bag

Black Hat mainly involves techniques used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner.White Hat conforms to search engine designs and involves no deception.

Black hat SEO techniques includes keyword stuffing, doorway and cloaked pages, link farming, hidden texts and links, blog comment spam.White hat SEO techniques includes research, analysis, re- write meta tags to be more relevant, content improvement and web redesign.
Black Hat SEO are dissapproved by search engines whereas White Hat are approved by search engines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.