This is probably going to be a heated debate, however, with all the talk of SEO everywhere you go between webmasters, you've got to step back and think about what you are doing to make your site noticeable for the search engine. ** I am not saying forget SEO totally.** I recently wrote a blog post about 3 Things You Should Forget To Make Money Blogging It basically talks about one thing. Your reader. If you have a blog and you want to make money with it, the most important thing is not SEO. You can be ranked the highest on Google and not make any money! Focus on your reader. Like I said before, this doesn't mean to throw SEO out the window...do your on page SEO. make sure your meta tags are right, and your descriptions, because how are they going to find you anyway right? Continue your link building and all the other off page SEO techniques that you do to rank up.

What I am saying is, that when it comes down to your blog post, forget about SEO! Focus on what your reader wants to see. Focus on the content and the material that you are presenting. Have you ever read a blog post that was cluttered with keywords in bold italics all through the post? It is confusing and hard to read! This doesn't do anything but make your reader back out. If you present your posts with informative and helpful words, then your reader is more apt to come back, they are more likely to hit the "subscribe" button.

I have been doing this for awhile now, and I know one thing. Google follow people. People like good content. Google also likes good content too! If you are getting discouraged with your blog becaue you are not ranking up, don't worry and don't give up! Google rewards blogs that have age on them. It took me two years before I started making over $11,000 a month blogging. I didn't do any fancy SEO tricks or secrets...I just kept writing what I thought I would want to read on someone else's blog. If by chance, you come to a point in your blog where your keyword CAN be used, then by all means, use it! If you are wanting to make a career out of blogging, then you need to stop worrying about Google. It will always be there...people may not be.

almostbob commented: content **is** king Kudos wade +12

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If you update your blog continously with fresh data then you can rank better in search engine

Dont promote your site for unnessary links .. Keep it fresh and clean

I agree. People always think I am crazy to say forget SEO, but really, Google allows your site to rank higher just because it has had time online.

i pretty much SEO in my everyday life and totally love it and am satisfied with the results.

Keep on adding new content to your blog,it will help you to get cralw by the search engine spiders

to be a heated debate, however, with all the talk of SEO everywhere you go between webmasters, you've got to step back and think about what you are doing to make your site noticeable for the search engine. ** I am not saying forget SEO totally.** I recently wrote a blog post about 3 Things You Should Forget To Make Money Blogging It basically talks about one thing. Your reader. If you have a blog and you want to make money with it, the most important thing is not SEO. You can be ranked the highest on Google and not make any money! Focus on your reader. Like I said before, this doesn't mean to throw SEO out the window...do your on page SEO. make sure your meta tags are right, and your descriptions, because how are they going to find you anyway right? Continue your link building and all the other off page SEO techniques that you do to rank up.

What I am saying is, that when it comes down to your blog post, forget
Keep on adding new content to your blog,it will help you to get cralw by the search engine spiders

hmm nice information thanks for sharing with us

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.