Hi everyone,

My website had some technical issues which prevented Google from trawling many of the pages and as a result the ranking of some of keywords dropped significantly from the first three pages.

We have since fixed these technical issues which was prevently googling listing the new pages we created on the website on its search engine and there may be as many as 10,000 pages it has not listed yet.

What I would like to know is once we fixed the technical issues we fowarded the fixed pages to Google so that they could crawl the website again but they have not appeared to have done so yet and it has been about four weeks.

How long does it usually take for Google to trawl a website and update its search engines after it has new pages fowarded to it through Google Analytics?

Many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

We have since fixed these technical issues which was prevently googling listing the new pages we created on the website on its search engine and there may be as many as 10,000 pages it has not listed yet.

I assume you are using Google WebMaster?

You can create a sitemap xml file and also remove old pages or redirected old pages to new by Rewrite mod on Apache

I think it takes a week or maybe 2 weeks.

Hi LastMitch,

Yes we are using Google Webmaster.

And have already created a sitemap xml file and removed old pages and redirected old pages to the new ones.

The website is big though and probably has about 20,000 plus pages.

As I mentioned before I have recently added 10,000 new pages of fresh content over several months and it is these pages that I discovered have not been listed successfully on Google.

Does the size of the website have any bearing on how soon Google will trawl it and add this new content to its search engine?

And if it usually takes Google two weeks to trawl a website and add its new pages how comes it has already been about four weeks and none of the new pages are appearing on Google yet?

Many thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.