I need help guys, are you familiar with the alchemy api? its a seo tool that runs on different platforms and what it does it extracts contents from web pages it uses the principle of content scraping. I downloaded the php SDK for alchemy api and i got an error i cannot load the page and if anyone here in this forum that is familiar with alchemy api or good with php i really need your help guys. the error says Fatal error: Class 'AlchemyAPI' not found in line 44

function CheckNoParams() {

$alchemyObj = new AlchemyAPI();//line 44
$alchemyObj->loadAPIKey("api_key.txt");

$htmlFile = file_get_contents("../example/data/example.html");
$htmlFile2 = file_get_contents("../example/data/example2.html");
Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

I've never heard of Alchemy at all but it's possible that your hosting company doesn't support file_get_contents(). Try using cURL instead.

Better yet, can you tell us what the error message is??

Oh, and incidentally, here's how you would use cURL instead of file_get_contents():

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://www.website.com/example.html');
$htmlFile = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

Like I said, there's not much help that I can offer without knowing what the error message is. It's possible that you are specifying the wrong path for the api_key text file or the wrong path for the example data. It's possible that your server doesn't support file_get_contents(). It's possible that you're not including the AlchemyAPI class within the php file that is declaring the alchemy object. Lots of things could be the issue here.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.