I want to know that which type of forum is better in point of Search Engines Indexing, I saw some forums threads with html extention like http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum45.html , this daniweb forums threads are all with html extetion and I saw mostly threads have pr, as compare with DP it shows threads as http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 , which I think not a search engine friendly.
So, friends what you say about this point, and how daniweb is using this type of forums ? I saw that both DP and Daniweb running vBulletin but Daniweb is SE Friendly and DP is not. why ? and how dani done this ? .
Actually currently I am running SMF forum but I want to run Search Engine Friendly forum which I think can drive more traffic. Plz tell me how can I run Search Engine Friendly Forum ? .
Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

vBulletin is search engine friendly out of the box. You don't have to have a .html file extension to be search engines friendly. Basically don't use session IDs in your URLs and you will be alright.

Nice link Dani. :)

Thanks for replies, however as I am running SMF forum and I found that there is option or SE Friendly urls on/off, so I get it on. plz check my forum and tell me if its now good SE Friendly Forum or not. ? .

Thanks

Thanks for replies, however as I am running SMF forum and I found that there is option or SE Friendly urls on/off, so I get it on. plz check my forum and tell me if its now good SE Friendly Forum or not. ? .

Thanks

Check out our Site Reviews forum for that. There's no site specific talk permitted in the Site Management category.

I noticed a huge increase in serps when i swtiched from my phpbb of 2 years to vbb.
I would strongly recomend switching.

I also bought a mod called vbseo, there are some free ones that do simlar.

May I know which one is free tool, which works similar to vbseo, and what is your openion about SMF, I like SMF as its easy to use.

zoints has a free one that worked ok for me. I tried it for alittle. And felt the other was worth the extra money.

I never used smf, I just went with vbulitten because out of the box it is the best seo wise. It stil has along way to go. I was lucky to be able to beta test vbseo beta skin on my forum. I noticed a huge increase with this when i swap over. And this skin has quite afew things i see that could be improved on.

I too personaly feel, v bulletin is really good in terms of SEO's. Invision board also does a good job than Phb bb

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.