Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Okay, here's my question...

I have AWStats on my server, but it's not enough for me.

I want a program that will do the following...

1. Tell me exactly what site/ad a person came from just b4 they purchased.

2. Will tell me which city, State/Province purchases the most

3. Which cc is used the most

4. Stats for every page, not just the global overview.

5. I want the link that the person got from google that brought them to me, like on my etracker, it actually gives me the link embedded with my keywords. This way I can see my competition with the same keywords & how the customer got to me.

6. Speaking of competition, kanoodle said they had a spy program wwww.kanoodle.com/spy that would tell you what your competitors keywords are & what keywords people are typing in to land on your competitor's site, but it was kind of a dead end. Because my keywords weren't listed, it took me to an outside site called wordtracker that I don't think would help me although I used to get their newsletter filled with keywords, but it did nothing for me.

I would want this feature #6 too.

7. Also Wordtracker mentioned they will tell you what keywords your customers mispell to get you or mispell & get your competition & of course this is very important too.

Now, I was told by someone that / can do most of that, but their software is soooo expensive.

Also b/c my shopping cart is on the shopping cart people's server & not my hosting company's one, the shopping cart people would have to make some changes to get it to work, but I was told it can be done.

Any suggestions other than urchin, recommendations etc. or is Urchin the best?

Thanks & have a great wknd.

Michelle :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you don't mind paying, www.hitbox.com is really good. However, it's a 3rd party script so you have to pay per month. I use Urchin now, and it's by so far the best log analyzer I've ever used.

If you would like to see how Urchin performs for Daniweb, check out http://www.daniweb.com:9999 and use username:dani and password:dani (Once you log in you have to click the lil magnifying glass to go to the Daniweb reports)

Hi again,

This is clearly your message board LOL

Thanks so much for letting me into your Urchin. It's kind of daunting I guess until one understands it all.

It did take a long time to load at first.

Does it do everything I asked for below?

Well I'd have to pay for Urchin too. You don't have to pay?

Have you tried hitbox b4?

How does it compare to Urchin?

Thanks & TTYL :surprised

Michelle

P.S. The pic I uploaded isn't showing up next to my posts like yours is :sad:

If you don't mind paying, www.hitbox.com is really good. However, it's a 3rd party script so you have to pay per month. I use Urchin now, and it's by so far the best log analyzer I've ever used.

If you would like to see how Urchin performs for Daniweb, check out http://www.daniweb.com:9999 and use username:dani and password:dani (Once you log in you have to click the lil magnifying glass to go to the Daniweb reports)

Urchin has lots of features, many of which I have never played with. I'm also not sure if it does, indeed, cover everything you are asking for. For that reason, I let you in to see for yourself. Reading log analyzers such as Urchin is an art, so if you practice enough, you can learn to get the most out of the information handed to you. (i.e. tons of info can be figured out by examining and studying the info Urchin provides.)

I used to use the free version of Hitbox years ago and I used it for many years. They no longer offer the free version, and I hear the professional version they offer is better than the free version they used to. And from what I remember, Hitbox was very comparable to Urchin.

- Dani

Thanks Dani,

Okay I'll try to play around it with some & ask my programmer (on Monday) if she can figure out if what I need is available.

Is that okay if she goes in there & tries to figure it out?

LOL, she's so much better at these things than I am.

Be well : )

Michelle

Sure. No problem :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.