Hi Guys,

I need some help. My site (check the sig), is online for about 4 months. In Webmaster tools page, it sayz that my site was indexed on May 24. In google cache is July 22 on the last visit of the google bot.

I updated my sitemap regulary
I have backlinks from several sites, tho they are not shown on google, only in the webmaster google tools.

So what gives? Should i be worried?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by acwebguru

No, this is normal. Newer sites are crawled less frequently. Also, Google doesn't report all backlinks it finds for a site and only updates its report periodically.

It may take up to a year for your web site to gain enough authenticity and credibilty to find itself in a reasonable SERP position for your primary keyphrases.

I never took the time to analyze your code so I am hoping that there are no spam techniques employed. Read up on the webmaster guideline and increase your understanding of them.

Take no short-cuts, just keep developing the web site content and have patience.

Hello cscgal,

First of all I would like to say hello to all. I'm a new member of this forum and I think I can get some tips in this forum. cscgal, I believe of what you say not only because you are an administrtor but your post count as an expert of this field-of-specilization.

Google take more time to read links.. also, make sure your link are not a "no follow" links, cos then google cant see them.
Dont worry, keep on working on link building and have fresh content all the time and you will be fine.

Don't just take my word for it. When I log into Webmaster Tools it specifically says:

Home page crawl: Googlebot last successfully accessed your home page on Aug 18, 2007.

Note the words 'home page' :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.