i was told by my teacher, there is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid person. lol dun know why i said that, but i just did.

what is the deal with all this link stuff. this PR7 and things the link. what does it all mean, and how does it affect your website. whats up with the different types of links. ive heard of several different ways to refer to them, and i need some clarifacation. this is all a very big new thing to me, so any help or guidance anyone could offer would be a great thing.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If many other sites link to your site, Google figures you probably have good content. If a big or important site [PR6-7] links to you, Google gives that extra weight.

The result is that Google will be more inclined to display your site to people who search for something your site covers.

That's the two-paragraph version of a big complex subject :)

If many other sites link to your site, Google figures you probably have good content. If a big or important site [PR6-7] links to you, Google gives that extra weight.

The result is that Google will be more inclined to display your site to people who search for something your site covers.

That's the two-paragraph version of a big complex subject :)

that makes sense. Thanks for the insight!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.