Hi everyone,

I checked Search Engine Spider Simulator and found out that my website did not have Meta Description tag and Meta keyword tag. Anyone can help me so i could know how to upload information on Meta Descrition and Keyword Tag?
Thanks a lot
Thien Anh

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Well, if you viewed the source of this page... you would see...

<meta name="keywords" content="How can i add info into Meta Description tag and Meta keyword tag?, programming forum, computer forum, programming help, computer help, tech support, technical support, web development, website promotion, internet marketing, seo" />

<meta name="description" content="How can i add info into Meta Description tag and Meta keyword tag? Search Engine Optimization" />

So, you basically want...

<head>
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
</head>

If it helps... look at http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post412858.html#post412858
As that has some additional ideas for SEO as well.

Just type it into your source code just like you add any HTML. That's all there is to it.

It is simple html code that lies between <head> and </head>
But what program are you using..., I think most of them put those tags automatically.. if not that is simple html tag... you can get from any source

Steve

<head>
<title></title>
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
</head>

Go buddy....

hi

btw, how many keywords do you use in tags. Is there any maximum numbers??

Steve

Hello,

10 meta keywords is more than enough and use most important keywords and alos target a different keowrd for a particular web page then you will be in success route in google and other search engine as well

good luck

seomaster

Hello,

10 meta keywords is more than enough and use most important keywords and alos target a different keowrd for a particular web page then you will be in success route in google and other search engine as well

good luck

seomaster

Sorry, but meta tags are not used by any major search engines for rankings any more and they haven't for quite some time. Even more, the Meta Keywords tag serves absolutely no purpose nowadays. Only the Meta Description tag is used occasionally by some search engines to display a page's description but that's it.

if u use dream weaver u use insert html headtags -> keywords description
ucan use seo quake it is easy way
URL:http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread87699.htmlTitle:how can i add info into meta description tag and meta keyword tag search engine optimizationKeywords:how can i add info into meta description tag and meta keyword tag programming forum computer forum programming help computer help tech support technical support web development website promotion internet marketing seoDescription:how can i add info into meta description tag and meta keyword tag search engine optimization

yes, very true. Up to date search engines such as google do not use meta anymore. They simple look at the links in and out of your site. So if you had lots of advertisment linking in. This would get you on google fast. However the googlebots will crawl your site anyway if you give it some time. But yeh thats the way to get the bots there fast. Links

yes, very true. Up to date search engines such as google do not use meta anymore. They simple look at the links in and out of your site. So if you had lots of advertisment linking in. This would get you on google fast. However the googlebots will crawl your site anyway if you give it some time. But yeh thats the way to get the bots there fast. Links

Outbound links do not help your rankings.

Sorry, but meta tags are not used by any major search engines for rankings any more and they haven't for quite some time. Even more, the Meta Keywords tag serves absolutely no purpose nowadays. Only the Meta Description tag is used occasionally by some search engines to display a page's description but that's it.

Yes, but some SEs still do uses this meta tag...and they use the description of your site from meta tag description....but I have noticed that nowadays that Google uses the body contents as the description...

Yes, but some SEs still do uses this meta tag...and they use the description of your site from meta tag description....but I have noticed that nowadays that Google uses the body contents as the description...

That's exactly what I said and you even quoted me on it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.