Hi there,

I need help to figure out Google AdWords. A company set it up for me & I find it very complex.

How do I lower my bids?

My major competition just went out of biz & there's no need for me to bid that high anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of a great tracking system I can upload to my server to track PPC campaigns including how much I'm spending on each campaign so I can track how much each click is costing me?

Thanks & have a great day !

Michelle :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can change maximum CPC on an Ad Group basis (not on a keyword specific basis). Login to the AdWords system and choose your Campaign. Check the Ad Groups you wish to edit and then click the "Change Max CPC" button.

AdWords has a feature built-in so that you will never bid more than one cent higher than the highest bid. For example, if the highest bid is currently $0.20 and you have your max CPC set to $0.50, then you will automatically only be bidding $0.21. I am pretty sure, anyways. I know that is definitely how Overture works and I know AdWords has a similar feature. Keep in mind AdWords also takes CTR into consideration when determining your position in the Sponsored results.

AdWords also has a Conversion Tracker program built-in. Click the Campaign Management tab at the top, and you'll be at the Campaign Sumary page. Click the Conversion Tracking link in the green navigation bar near the top. Follow the instructions :) You'll just put a small 1x1 clear pixel on your purchase / registration confirmation page, and AdWords will keep track of everything you need. Overture also has a similar feature.

Thanks Dani, got it.

I don't like the tracking Google does, as even though I have that on my site already, I never know how to view the results.

Can you give me a quick overview of which page to go to see. I tried a couple of times & got lost :(

Thanks & have a great night !

Hi there,

If you are still having trouble getting the results you are looking for from Adwords consider inviting a Qualified Google Advertising Professional to assist you.

We have a created an international directory of these Adwords Experts to making finding one easier.

The directory is located at {URL SNIPPED}. At the time of this posting there were nearly 100 Adwords Professionals listed from 26 countries listed.

Good luck.

Kevin

Hi there,

I need help to figure out Google AdWords. A company set it up for me & I find it very complex.

How do I lower my bids?

My major competition just went out of biz & there's no need for me to bid that high anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of a great tracking system I can upload to my server to track PPC campaigns including how much I'm spending on each campaign so I can track how much each click is costing me?

Thanks & have a great day !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.