I am in the process of researching how to create an effective online demo to incorporate into our Web site. Does anyone have any advice/tips as how to create an effective video demo of our product (which is industry specific Web sites, we are an ASP) Thanks in advance for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am in the process of researching how to create an effective online demo to incorporate into our Web site. Does anyone have any advice/tips as how to create an effective video demo of our product (which is industry specific Web sites, we are an ASP) Thanks in advance for your help.

I would be in a position to give you a better response if you could tell me more about the site and service that you want to promote. :)

The site is an industry specific site for printers. It has a variety of interactive tools and utilities such as a PDF creation device, file transfer tools, variable data ordering tools, file management, etc. as well as basic e-mail management and spam and virus protection. The list goes on and on. What I hope to do is create an online demo that shows what our site has to offer printers as far as top features, and how these features will help printers to improve their operations.

You might be able to set up a nice demonstration in Macromedia Flash.

Any tips as far as content. i.e. how long, music vs sound effects vs voiceover, do I use screenshots? that kind of thing. This probably isn your area...

Yeah, sorry, I'm not a multimedia person. Movielad is though ... he's around these forums somewhere :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.