I have an automatic link directory where webmasters can submit their sites and swap links instantaneously. What types of features could I add to encourage its use and growth?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I dunno but I like it!

I like it so much i'm just about to add my link into it. Perhaps consider creating a banner and advertising it within your own forum for a weekend? :)

Cool, thanks. :) I would do that except for one thing - we just upgraded to a new server the other day. And while the server is in our pricerange, the setup fee was brutal enough that I can't really afford to take anything away from advertising revenue this month.

So where is it? It sounds good but I can't use it without knowing where it is.

The directory is located at http://www.daniweb.com/directory/, and it seems very easy to use. Good work Dani.

Maybe you should provide a link to this page on the directory page. That'll hopefully increase participation and effectiveness.

Another idea: Maybe you want to integrate the number of users sent to Daniweb (via a link) in users' public profiles?

Another idea: Maybe you want to integrate the number of users sent to Daniweb (via a link) in users' public profiles?

I'm a little confused what you mean by this? Err, strike that. I'm a lot confused - I don't understand. Please explain :)

I'm a little confused what you mean by this? Err, strike that. I'm a lot confused - I don't understand. Please explain :)

I beleive that Danny was suggesting that if you have a website in the directory, then on that persons profile page it displays how many hits their site has brought to daniweb. :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.