What Do You Think Are The Best Three Ways To Promote A New Business?
I would say, it all depends on your type of business and what is the goal, but it is always good to have::
1. Website - non Flash
2. Blog
3. Online Advertising

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

hi there im a newbies so if u have a suggestion please PM me

SNIP

hi there im a newbies so if u have a suggestion please PM me

SNIP

So how would you promote your new business?

I suggest you to promote your online business using social networking first as it will help you to index your online business websites fast and social networking websites also might give you tons of websites traffic to your sites if you use it correctly.

Some of the ways you can advertise your business are:
1. Post an article about your business on related blogs and get free visitors and back links
2. Submitting to directories
3. Free classifieds
4. Forums
Send an email with more information about your business to for free help on finding new customers and increasing sales

First of all you need to make it familiar with search engine. Building more and more links for the website from relevant resources is the best way to promote a new Business. Directories, Article directories, Press Releases, blogs, forums, classifieds, social bookmarkings etc.

Blog commenting and do social bookmarking for promote your business

Depending on the business. If one sells products, market it via affiliate networks on CPA/CPS/CPD basis.

- Blogger outreach
- Press Release
- Outreach to traditional media (have to have compelling story)
- Presskit Distribution
- Develop product/community evangelists
- Marketing to your vertical/niche communities

I have use all SEO tactics

I have also found that having the business url on my Facebook and twitter accounts does bring a considerable amount of traffic to my site.

You need to use SEO and SEM techniques for online promoting your new business.

Other than online tactics, which % of effort would you say you put for traditional/offline tactics?

organize any contest on your site. Promise people a little prize and people will come to your site very fast

What Do You Think Are The Best Three Ways To Promote A New Business?
I would say, it all depends on your type of business and what is the goal, but it is always good to have::
1. Website - non Flash
2. Blog
3. Online Advertising

SEO and online adds

Hi ,

Before starting any project , research must be done. And that's why almost 90% internet
entrepreneur failed to make money online . Because they just dumb their hard earn money
into something that they themselves are not to sure about.

One of the purpose of doing research , is to look for potential niche(s) that can be developed into profitable source of income , in long term( hopefully :))

Once niche had been decided , the next thing to do is to identify how you can put those niche and ideas that you have , into working machine. I mean , at this point of time,
you must start looking for things like hosting , website platform , etc.

In conclusion , looking for niche is just a part of task must be done , before starting anything else. I found some valuable lessons by a guy named Brian Terry . He taught a lot about niche marketing. I think you will need it.

Good luck

I agree with mrpals except don't use free classifieds! In my experience submitting your site to classifieds are a waste of time because most of the classifieds sites only keep your site listed for a certain period of time. So you would either lose all of those backlinks or you would have to re-submit your site again, again, and again.

All the three steps referred by you are important in SEO. Look of website reflects the standards, blog attracts the traffic, online marketing generated new audience. Website techniques is not so important as the content and operation. Blog should be maintained on regular basis, if you are posting one or two post per months, then there is no use. Visitors want the latest information.

Depends on your website which kind of business you are trying to promote. tactics would be different for a blog.

What Do You Think Are The Best Three Ways To Promote A New Business? I would say, it all depends on your type of business and what is the goal...

I can't help waiting for the other shoe to drop on a sales pitch from reading this opening line. I would assume it was an english issue but the use of the idiomatic phrase "it all depends" suggests that language is not an issue.

So, I'll bite. What are you selling?

Hi Tom,
You can actually promote a new business without breaking the bank to offset advert cost. It all about Commitment and readiness to suceed. I Have been promoting my various businesses for nthe past four years online free.So that friends call me Traffic master . I Actually have a Free traffic report that can bring massive traffic to your website. Check my signature to have instant acces TODAY

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.