I send out an e-bulletin every couple of months. It's a plain text e-mail newsletter to forum members, although I'm considering moving over to HTML. I'm thinking about selling an ad per newsletter. What do you think? Should it be a text ad? If I move over to an HTML format, should it be a button or banner ad? I would prefer to limit this to one ad per e-mail for maximum benefit for advertisers ... what do you think an appropriate price would be? $0.10 per subscriber? As much as $0.50 per subscriber? Or maybe just $0.01 per subscriber? This is entirely new territory for me so I'm not sure of the going rates.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I send out an e-bulletin every couple of months. It's a plain text e-mail newsletter to forum members, although I'm considering moving over to HTML. I'm thinking about selling an ad per newsletter. What do you think? Should it be a text ad? If I move over to an HTML format, should it be a button or banner ad? I would prefer to limit this to one ad per e-mail for maximum benefit for advertisers ... what do you think an appropriate price would be? $0.10 per subscriber? As much as $0.50 per subscriber? Or maybe just $0.01 per subscriber? This is entirely new territory for me so I'm not sure of the going rates.

wat about every week/

what about per newsletter sent out.

I think you should just charge a standard rate per newsletter and send out the newsletter every fortnight. This way people know what they have to pay and it does make life easier for you and the advertiser having a standard price.

Hello,
I was searching online for anything related to online e-newsletter advertising and found your question. Did you get any response or come to any decisions? We are looking to start an e-newsletter for our association and are interested in selling ads as well.

If see no problems in including more than one sponsor or ad per newsletter. I think you should offer the advertisers text ad as first option but not limit them of submitting a banner or button when you move to HTML. About the price; I would charge a flat price per ad instead of an amount per subscriber. It will make it easier to manage. But that is up to you!

I was searching for email marketing and i found your question on google, i am already a member of this site so i think you should try it with low cost to check how it goes, you should think from both the end, yours and the advertisers. If advertisers are getting a good ROI then you can confidently start charging high or just go with a decent rate. If you are going to do that then let me know, i am ready for that. Also sending one newsletter per month would be a good idea. Some people might not like multiple newsletters per month.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.