As we all know, social media is mentioned by almost every single internet marketer out there. Saying that, have you used social media to promote a product. Has it helped or was it a learning experience? What do you think? Please do share your case stories.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Implementing a social media marketing program without optimizing content is leaving money on the table. Useful social content (blog, video, images, audio) that cannot be discovered via search is a lost opportunity to reach an audience that is looking. Social interactions and media sharing amongst social network participants create the kind of content that can improve a brand’s visibility within search results through profiles, videos, blog posts, or other media.

This post is in continuation of my previous one. SEO and social media work well together as long as there is a framework for doing so. One way to build SEO and social media programs efficiently is to follow a social media roadmap. Find the audience; understand their behaviors, preferences, methods of publishing, and sharing. Most companies that are involved with the social web in the channels where their customers spend time have a good sense of where to start. Many companies are ahead of the game by tracking their audience via social media monitoring software.

One outstanding member of it is the social networking site which are so hot recently!

Social Networking is a recent invention that has the Internet still at the edge of its seat due to its popularity with people.

This is mostly because it really is for the people. Bringing every kind of social group together in one place and letting them interact is really a big thing indeed.

It help in exposure by enhancing your visibility but I don't think it help you in conversion what you can expect with organic search traffic.

I really believe in creating a social media roadmap before implementation and then constantly optimizing for:
1. Content Relevance
2. Encouraging interactions with other members
3. Constant contribution
4. Ensuring that these social media tactics help refer traffic to your website

It help in exposure by enhancing your visibility but I don't think it help you in conversion what you can expect with organic search traffic.

Right, because the traffic are sent buy the social media are so untargetedm, they are generally the qucik come and quick go type!

Right, because the traffic are sent buy the social media are so untargetedm, they are generally the qucik come and quick go type!

Not necessarily. Look at the few examples about how Dell or other businesses have leveraged Twitter to increase their sales. Not only did these businesses reached their target audiences, these businesses have seen good ROI. http://business.twitter.com/twitter101

Not necessarily. Look at the few examples about how Dell or other businesses have leveraged Twitter to increase their sales. Not only did these businesses reached their target audiences, these businesses have seen good ROI. http://business.twitter.com/twitter101

That's because they are selling things!! For salers, all the vistors can be their customers!!

But it is not ture for other niches!!!

That's because they are selling things!! For salers, all the vistors can be their customers!!

But it is not ture for other niches!!!

Also they hold good brand and constantly doing rebranding.

I think social media sites can be more efficiently used to promote your site or blog rather then affiliate products. Because mostly bloggers and website owners visit social media sites so basically there are very few buyers. It is rather advisable to promote and build links to your site so that you achieve better search engine rankings and thus get valuable search traffic which convert very well.

I agree with the concept of using Social Media to build a rapport with your target audience. Establishing yourself as a contributing member of the online community you're attempting to market any product or service to is absolutely essential to gaining the exposure you need, regardless of whether your goal is to sell a product or a service.

True!

And there is also the problem of Scams and Harassment!

There is a potential for failure of security in both personal and business context. While many sites apply certain measures to keep any of these cases of harassment, cyber-stalking, online scams, and identity theft to an absolute minimum, you still may never know.

Social media marketing is the hottest thing in Internet marketing these days and we are seeing good results also. But not all the social networks are good I think.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.