I am beginning work on some micro-sites for a client who wants separate sites to focus on the top two verticals they target. I am using Wordpress to convert their existing blogs aimed at these verticals into micro-sites. Has anyone had any success or other experiences with micro-sites built from WordPress?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not particular on that one, but it's like our campaign, we have one major site and it's products have it's own mini site that rank as well as the main site. In therefore conclude that it may have a positive effect on your website.

Though not directly answering your question, I once reviewed analytics for a similar microsite started from a blogging platform and my advice, from an analytics perspective, is make sure that all the pages are properly tagged so when someone else is analyzing site performance, the microsites are properly assigned for. It can get messy if its not planned at this early stage.

Though not directly answering your question, I once reviewed analytics for a similar microsite started from a blogging platform and my advice, from an analytics perspective, is make sure that all the pages are properly tagged so when someone else is analyzing site performance, the microsites are properly assigned for. It can get messy if its not planned at this early stage.

Good point, thanks for the tip. I know that in the initial stages of getting any site up there is such a premium put on developing the proper content and getting the site listed in the SEs, all of this on top of the urgency of getting the site up and getting traffic to it, that the analytics aspect of it is forgotten until a point when it is harder to put everything in place easily to ensure good analysis later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.