Top 10 Social Media Do's and Don'ts
Social media, including sites like Twitter and Facebook, can help you find a job and connect with people who can assist you with growing your career.
However, it works both ways. Social media when used the wrong way can backfire and jeopardize a job offer or even your current job. I am amazed that people still post "I hate my job" on Twitter or complain about their boss without thinking of the possible ramifications. Then they're surprised if, all of a sudden, they don't have a job.
It's important to be careful and consider what you shouldn't do, as well as what you should do, when using social media to job search. What you put in your LinkedIn Profile, who you connect with, when and where you use social media, and what you share with the world, all can make a big difference in the outcome of your job search.

I totally agree with you. Social media is a way of publicizing yourself so you have to be careful of the way you brand yourself. Remember that almost all you disclose on social media can be found and shared - therefore if you are trying to keep your private and public lives separate - just be cautious what you publish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.