I read a vary in-trusting news that facebook is launching Social Search Engine and Google is launching Social Networking site . so who will kill who? in this war. what u think ?

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

Haven't heard this before, although I did hear that Google is interested in possibly acquiring Twitter.

You said "Facebook is launching Social Search Engine and Google is launching Social Networking site" . Two fields are different so nothing happens. I still believe noone can overcome Google.

Member Avatar for Living-seo-life

Facebook will keep ruling Social Networking for may be another few years and It will take time for anyone to kill google from search engine business, time will tell.

I don't think Google's own social network can overcome Facebook, at least not in the near future.

Google coming up with one product after another to compete against established services/apps makes them just copycats. Monopolizing the whole internet, if that's their goal, a lot of internet users will certainly not like it.

Each of them having different methodology and creativity. So definitely, there will be no such thing happen to Google, it already reached its safe zone.

I think both will rock. Or it could happen that as people like changes so they will start using facebook search engine and Google social media site :)

I personally think Facebook will be won this race at the end because more and more people are moving towards facebook as we know its a number one social network site.

Both are very popular. And i think both will rock in their target.

Both are very popular. And i think both will rock in their target.

Thanks for agreeing with me :)

Previously Google tried to compete with twitter with their own product Google Buzz which was a super flop. So there is no guarantee that google's version of Facebook will be successful.

I think both are the master of their own trades so... expanding is sometime prove fatal... well as for Facebook social search engine could work ... but for Google, already had nose in many thing ...
So from my side Facebook should go for it.
and Google shouldn't.

I don't think facebook will kill google... they had more visitors this year from what I heard. Though with the partnership with bing, who knows what we may see? I'm sure google is going to strike back, though I think facebook will remain king in social media for the time being.

I dont thin that facebook kill google because google is search engine and facebook not.

i like facebook. there is very tough competition between google and facebook. lets see who wins....

To see the present i don't think any other can beat Google as Search Engine and Facebook as Social Networking.

Interesting, but I think they should join up together. Web-search referenced by your profile can increase relevant hits!

Of-course, Google would never be able to beat Facebook in social media marketing and Facebook would never be able to beat Google in web searching.

hey guys,facebook vs google is too old news, New news is that New internet portal worldbook is coming to kill google and Facebook, Worldbook allow you to do anything on internet, its new revolultion about security.coz worldbook help you to live secure life

i dont think so that Facebook will face any competition for years to come. i might be wrong, but this site has an interesting user interface.

I read a vary in-trusting news that facebook is launching Social Search Engine and Google is launching Social Networking site . so who will kill who? in this war. what u think ?

Facebook just cant Google.

I don't think so... google is a search engine and facebook is a social networking. So there are two different things, both of them very popular

Yeah, truly said. Facebook and Google are great in their own fields and I think it will take some real working to overthrow them in their own respective fields. Google is great with searching while Facebook is great for networking.

I don't think that this can be possible because google is a search engine and facebook is a social media networking...so we talk here about two different things

None can be killed both are having their own features

That would be the great war. Google was working on a social network for many years and now they have launched igoogle. Facebook still do not have any demo for a search engine and i think it would be very difficult to penetrate into the search engine market because it is already very competitive. However it is crystal clear that facebook has passed its peak days and any replacement will make it the past sweet memories.

Oh god it is great news to hear about that facebook and Google. I do not know that the facebook is going to launch new search engine on other side Google is also launching social networking site, wow really superb and hey am going to enjoy it. The facebook and Google are big competitor but never kill each other. They are doing good service for us. Therefore we need both of them.

I think no because both are very useful and interesting.

This will not happening at all. Google won't allow facebook to do so.But Yeah Google is giving a hard time to Facebook by Google+.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.