Having bought an e reader as a present I find that I cannot buy english ebooks in France, where I live and yet I can get them in hard back sent by post from UK. (I can only download French ones) I know there are a lot of free ebooks and one can enjoy those.

Add to that If one orders in USA the same ebook that is said only to be available in the UK it is perfectly possible to get that ebook on line from a reputable ebook company. ( It also says that there are nations around the world where it is impossible to get them.!!)

I fully realise that we are at the start of a very big quagmire and I know all about trade agreements and copyright but it does seem absolutely daft to be able to buy a legitimate real book and have it sent anywhere in the world but not the same ebook!

Any comments as to how this situation might change....(but please do not rush....!!)
M

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Add to that If one orders in USA the same ebook that is said only to be available in the UK it is perfectly possible to get that ebook on line from a reputable ebook company. ( It also says that there are nations around the world where it is impossible to get them.!!)

Usually e-book cost between $3 to $7 dollars it really depends what it is.

There are some guidelines that certain products not being available for certain countries.

It usually has to deal with the government of that country, their the ones who pass the laws and if any companies do business with certain countrie that are on their 'do not do business list' than most likely that company will get penalties for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.