Hey people, hoping to find some answers here to a problem I'm stuck with. :sad: I have recently installed Windows server 2003 onto a machine and are trying to get a phpbb forum set up. I installed apache and the webserver is all working perfectly without any issues. THIS IS A WEBSERVER AT MY PREMESIS NOT REMOTELY HOSTED.

I have also installed php, mysql and are now attempting to install phpBB.

Product versions are as follows:

apache: 2.0.55
php: 4.4.0
phpbb: 2.0.17
mySQL: 4.1.14

All current versions as of yesterday to my knowledge. The error message that I get while trying to install phpbb from the setup page is the following:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'black-cell.ath.cx' (10061) in E:\Web\forums\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\Web\forums\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\Web\forums\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

:confused:

I fear that I haven't created a mySQL database properly and this is why I'm having an issue. If someone could please translate what is above into layman's terms so I can understant it all and some help resolving the issue would be worth more than words to me.

Thanks in advance,

Shadow.

Edit: Oh i figured it'd help if I told you exactly what I entered at the setup page to get the error so here it is:

[img]http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9145/untitled28ud.gif[/img]

Database server hostname = localhost ....

Also jsut an update for you. phpbb 2.0.18 was just released a couple days ago.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.