Alright, so I'm getting the hang of this whole Facebook apps and fan pages. Now I am on to my next feat, being able to edit apps inside Fan pages. For example, the Static FBML App allows you to edit the apps content. Since the apps I create for clients are hosted on my webserver, I can also show them an editor so they too can edit their fan page app content. I was wondering, to make it simple, how would I include a Facebook Login button that would allow only that pages' administer to login and edit it? Is there some Facebook authentication that would, when they click login, cross reference their username with the page administrator and give them access?
So basically I want to know how to do this:
- fanpage admin visits his/her page
- Click Edit Page
- Goes to "Apps" tab
- Clicks "Go to App" link under the app I made for them
- If it's first time, it shows Facebook Connect Box
- Click Connect, it will cross reference their userid with that of the fanpages admin accounts (stored on facebook)
- if they do validate through facebook as being an admin for that page it lets them in
I know it's a little wordy and jumbled, but that's the best I could come up with.