hi members

i dont know social media marketing, but i want to promote my website using facebook, so if any one of you know that so kindly do reply me with your best experiences, Tips and Tricks, or there is some sort of application or prerequisite to do this or achieve this :)

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Create a Facebook group and post to it ... everything you think that your website visitors would want to see. Post behind-the-scenes information about how you run your website. Photos. Videos. Engage with your audience!! Ask for website feedback and suggestions.

Heavily promote your Facebook group on your website as a place to engage with your website visitors. Check out the Facebook widgets (snippets of HTML code you can embed within your website to promote your Facebook page) similar to the way we do on the DaniWeb homepage.

I heard about this subject from a guy who paid hundreds to learn this at a seminar. Click on the left where it says ads and place an ad. For most effectiveness advertise for one month and skip a month before advertising again. For free advertising Twitter is most effective.

You can promote your web site by using face book.just make more than 100 friends all over world.And share your website link in facebook share feed with a good comment and ask your friends to check it out and share again.

If you are just getting started with Facebook you may want to take a look at some guide on how to build a Facebook user profile and groups for your business from the ground up.

Social media marketing is a great way to get huge traffic to your site. Among them Facebook is really quite helpful. But you need to use it properly. You need to build good relationships with lots of people inside it who show similar interest like you. Share your knowledge with them. Try to promote your site/services etc. wherever possible. But don't overdo it so that it looks spammy. Post good videos, article links, images etc. and also comment in other postings. Create a page specifically on your service or company and share it with your friends. Create a good network with other people who seem serious to your business.

Create a Facebook group and post to it ... everything you think that your website visitors would want to see. Post behind-the-scenes information about how you run your website. Photos. Videos. Engage with your audience!! Ask for website feedback and suggestions.

Heavily promote your Facebook group on your website as a place to engage with your website visitors. Check out the Facebook widgets (snippets of HTML code you can embed within your website to promote your Facebook page) similar to the way we do on the DaniWeb homepage.

All good advice. You have to build your page and build a big group of 'friends'

All good advice. You have to build your page and build a big group of 'friends'

I agree- all good advice. Building a big network on Facebook is key, as those people are the ones who will see your updates, and then their friends by default will see them as well and possibly join.
Join groups that are in your niche, and also add other Facebook Pages that are in your niche to your page's favorites. The more exposure you get with people who are interested in the same things, the bigger your following will be.

First of all this is my first post so be gentle. In terms of Facebook marketing I would create a Fan Page not a group, a Fan page has a number of advantages mainly down to the number of apps that run on a Fan Page that don't work on groups and also very importantly the ability to add a welcome page and FBML (basic HTML) pages.
It's very easy to do and once the basic page is done you then get people to 'like' it, when you have 25 'likes' you can create a shortened URL for it i.e. www.facebook.com/mycompany.
A nice graphical landing page is also good as well as an email sign up form, but for me the really sexy stuff is integrating RSS feeds into FB, you can create a What's New section on your site, add an RSS feed and then publish on your Fan Page and send out a Tweet all done automatically.
On one of my sites 40% of the visitors are coming from Facebook, Twitter and Digg, so Social Networking is very useful for marketing your site.

Now you need to go to www.facebook.com/username and create a shortened URL, makes it easier for people to find you. If you have an RSS feeds on your site you can have these automatically posted on FB and Twitter using a free app called RSS Graffiti, it even uses bit.ly url tracking service.
The next step is to add a FB badge to your site, maybe a 'Like' button. Looking at your site I think FB integration is perfect.

Create a Facebook Group
Choose a relevant group title, and add a brief but detailed description of what your website is all about.

There is a “Recent News” box in the group setup.You should use this wisely as people like to be kept up to date on important issues / news to do with a product, service, or website that interests them

Fan page is the best way to promote it

hi members

i dont know social media marketing, but i want to promote my website using facebook, so if any one of you know that so kindly do reply me with your best experiences, Tips and Tricks, or there is some sort of application or prerequisite to do this or achieve this :)

First of all you will create your facebook business pages and post interesting contents, images, news etc., on pages related to your business type. Side by side you will put some of your business information on your page and engage your visitors as well as surfer to your business page.

You can create a group or fan page. Remember, it should be remarkable and reliable page in order to gain more fans or audience for your own company or brand. Frequent updates and responses to comments are necessary too.

I think it's simply and basic. You can share your link and let all other user knows about your site there. It's effective to drive traffic to your sites. Also for more effective and look professional, you can create custom facebook fan package for your website, than getting fans as much as possible. Make it interesting!

Facebook is a great way to generate traffic...is good your business

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.