Hi, I am plaining to build blog but little confuse and can't able to decide in which topic i need to build a long so ican earn some money. I am plaining to build blog on olympics which will be held in UK (June). But after after Olympics ends will any body come to my blog, That's the question keep coming in my mind if i build a blog on olympics ?
Then what will be the topic i need to choice which gives me good money for long time.

Looking for good advice on that.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

If you're planning to do this for awhile you should pick a topic that you're interested in so you can generate high-quality content. The best way to generate traffic and, by extension, revenue is to produce something that people want to repeatedly visit. Doing this requires quality content that people are interested in reading daily/weekly/monthly.

Your Olympics idea sounds good, but perhaps you should expand your topic to "large sporting events" or something similar so people have a reason to come back. Once the Olympics are over you can shift focus to another sporting event and keep people coming. I hope this is helpful!

I am thinking about Building Blog around Tax issues and problem etc.... Because whole Europe and American Society is facing Tax problem .

Be careful with that. Tax issues are different per country, and change yearly. Are you really that fluent on the topic ?

Isn't it right to add that if you wanna make money on blogs, make sure that the topic you will be writing about is the topic you are master of or at least, you have a deep knowledge about. Simply put, this knowledge will be your first and most important investment to earn. And I agree with them, if you wanna earn money for a long time, you MUST write about something you love or at least enjoy doing because if not, you will end up losing interest in it, which will turn out to be waste of your effort. GOod luck then! :)

I think you have t pick such topic which you knows better and you are confident enough that you will write some useful information about specific topic.

That's a very common question beginners often ask from others over the internet. I know it because I was once a beginner too.

The thing is - do what you like to do not what you want to do. Confused? Let me explain a bit.

Suppose you are more into cricket or any other sport and you hardly miss a match of your national team or your favorite league team. And then there is something related to your field of study that you are good at. Since you want to make money, so, select the one that you think is more popular among nations like U.S.A, Canada, Europe, Australia etc. I mentioned the names because they give you more CPC than any other country.

If you are still confused, start a test blog on Wordpress or Blogspot. If you think you are doing good with one topic than the other, go with it.

It's simple, I hope it's useful too :)

Well, today most of the internet marketers are earning money from blog because they can easily use Adsense and start earning quick money.

Exactly but is it worth the time you give to your blog? There are a lot of blog out there who love to copy/paste and create some hype for a while. In the long run, a proper strategy and a marketing/promotions plan would help. And I am a big fan of GUEST WRITING!

Exactly but is it worth the time you give to your blog? There are a lot of blogs out there who love to copy/paste and create some hype for a while. In the long run, a proper strategy and a marketing/promotion plan would help. And I am a big fan of GUEST WRITING!

it is also necessary for a blogger to do forum posting and smo of the blog. if he want to come on top in Google and other search engines and article should be uniqe

You can make a site for Olympics and after that another one on another niche/topic.
The idea is that if all you have right now is Olympics ... go with it. True after the Olympics are finished nobody will come to your site ... but maybe you'll make a fortune during Olympics.

Make a blog that will be timely.. Have a back up topics about olyumpics, like celebrating the champions and relate your business there.

First of all its important you should be clear about the strategies you are going to create your blog.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.