I've recently started off a Cupcake business for myself and I really need a website done as most of my customers are struggling to find my business on the web. I just need a website which can showcase the different sweets and everything I bake and maybe even a direct purchasing page. Anyone has any suggestions?

ErikaMadrizo commented: Asking for suggestion +0
gsquarewebtec commented: I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and Gsquare have you bo +0

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You should start your website ASAP. Without it, you will struggle to rank your GMB as well. On the website, your customer will have more options for exploring your products. You can create a great visual impression as well.

You need to see a domain related to your business with attached hosting. You can create a free website using Site Internet gratuit Suisse. It is a website offering free website services. After the site is setup, do SEO, and boom your clients will be happier than ever.

First, you need to purchase a domain suitable for your business and hosting with it and hire a web designer or one who provides SEO services. Digi Marketing Tech is one of the best web designing companies that provide SEO services. They were helpful to me, and I hope they might be helpful to you too.

I totally understand your concern and would love to provide you with the solution that worked for me. One thing that will provide your business even more credibility is creating a website. Building a website is not a challenging task in today's world of technology. Plenty of website templates available on CMS, like WordPress, will help you create a website within a week or so.

However, just building a website won't help your business get discovered by the local customer; you have to do a proper Search Engine Optimization of your site. The first thing that I recommend is to get your bakery registered on Google My Business. This will allow your customers to discover your store whenever they search "local bakers near me" or any other terms related to your profession. Registering on Google My Business is recommended for any seller with a brick-and-mortar shop.

Next, do a bit of research and get started with SEO optimization. You can either perform all the tasks on your own or can hire an expert if your budget allows you to do so. I assume you are just a businessman and have no idea about Digital Marketing. Hence, my recommendation is to go for an expert's advice who will help you with SEO in general. The charges you would pay him, don't take them as extra expenses. Instead, they are an investment, which will help you increase your profit many times than the actual investment.

I hope my advice has given you the help you require, and I wish you great success. Ping me if you want any clarification.

The worst thing to do is to try to build the site yourself! Because if you have to ask here how to do this, you clearly don't know how to do it.

Try googling for webdevelopers in YourTown. Hey, what an incredible idea...

Check what they have done, what they charge and speak to their customers in private about their experiences. Some of the really cheap ones offer only five pages but double their fees if you want six to ten pages, and then the price rises in multiples when you want a bit more. Ditto check the webhosts they use. Unless you are a mega giant company, you don't need 10,000 email accounts and 25 or 50 GB of web space, so don't let them upsell you - 1GB is way more than you will need for hosting, and ten or so email addresses wil work okay as well. People look at the size of their hard disk and think they need the same amount of space - no way! I have about 10GB of webspace and inside that I run six other websites for my clients, most only needing a few 100 MB or less. I can fit in more very easily, the only reason I have 10GB is to get the number of email accounts one client needed.

If you want an online shop, there are several free packages that can be installed in a few minutes - I did this on Monday, but accidentally installed it in the wrong folder! It took ten minutes to uninstall and re-install the shop. You can then add new products yourself in the dashboard. I used OpenCart for several clients, but if you want to do your own updates to the site content as well, try WordPress (WP sites can be made in a relatively short time, most time is spent looking at themes to give the site some style, but try to find someone who uses Elementor to improve the style and layout of WP, because you could be able to use it yourself after a while), and WordPress can have a shopping cart called WooCommerce installed within it. The three bits of software mentioned above are all free! But a theme can be free or cost $25 - $65. If you went down the wordpress route, you would soon get into the swing of editing it yourself. Same for OpenCart. They do NOT require any knowledge of coding to build a website. Both Woo and Opencart have extensions and plug-ins that will make the site and shop do some things that you really need but are not built into the software - again $20 - %50 each. They are free software packages because the owners make their money by taking a percentage of the cost of the themes, plug-ins and extensions that are for sale on their site!

I ask my customers to supply me with the text and the images they want to use, as often I don't know much about their business. Didn't stop several of them expecting me to write the content as well. So start writing now. Avoid phrases Greatest Cakes Ever!!! That screams amatuer and no clients will buy from you. Don't use keyword stuffing - writing the same set of phrases with a small variation in the words multiple times on every page. Google doesn't like that.

Avoid the sites that let you build your site within their webspace, as they lock you in to their system, and within a couple of years the amount you are paying them would add up to the same as using an independant web developer and a normal webhost. But you will be paying every single year! It soon adds up - it can be half or a third of what a web developer would charge, but that's every year with these "easy build" sites..

Hope this helps.

You can set up a simple website yourself, with little technical knowledge, at Wix.com. That should be more than enough for your needs.

Thanks for the discussion, it was very resourceful.

I would really recommend you go for a website for your business. Without a website, you can lose many opportunities and relevant audiences that can come online. Also, it will help rank your business on GMB (Google My Business) which is necessary for a local business listing.

I would also like to suggest, you don't try to create a website on your own. You can outsource a developer or hire professionals.
https://sentientgeeks.com/services/web-development

In my opinion, you should, look for local web development and design companies. They'll carry out the task.:)

Hi - if your business is on Long Island, we can help with everything (website development, domain, hosting, etc.). We have done dozens of websites for Long Island businesses and towns. You can reach me at: jim@longisland.li

I am also helping many people nowadays to make my portfolio very strong.
So if you need, I can create your cupcake business website within a 2-3 days time frame that would be functional.

Also, If you want to go online, then Wordpress, Wix, and Shopify already have a lot of themes that can fulfill your needs.

you can approach an digital marketing strategist, who can build a website for you and look after search engine optimization, social media marketing, google ads etc

I would disagree. For an online presence for a small cupcake business, I would start with a Facebook page, a listing in Yelp, and perhaps a small one or two page website. I don't think the expensive cost of a digital marketing strategist is necessary here.

You can hire an experienced web developer to create a website for your business.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.