I believe that employing a consultant can be beneficial for the growth of your website because they can offer useful insights into SEO tactics. What do you think—should we hire a consultant for digital marketing? And what can be there pros and cons?

It depends on how big the company is and if anyone in the company already has SEO and marketing experience.

Typically, I am a fan of full-service agencies for mid-sized businesses that come up with strategies but then also put those strategies into action, as well as track results. I feel as if small businesses don't have the budget to work with a top tier agency that can produce a steady stream of high quality content and run a full social media campaign on behalf of the client. Nimble startup entrepreneurs already wear multiple hats, and understanding the ins and outs of SEO is a necessity nowadays anyways. I feel as if large businesses are better served hiring a small team and managing everything in-house.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.