Hi

Is there any way to link text in an illustrator document? I'm frustrated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You mean like a hyperlink? If so I would have to say why would you want to do that? Illustrator is for vector images not necessarily used with the web. If you are making a flyer or anything else that will be online, you would add a hyperlink after you insert the image (made with illustrator) within the page.

Yes it's easy. You first need to create a text box. This is done by selecting the type tool, click and drag to the area you would like the text to flow. Paste your text in this area keeping in mind to leave enough text to flow into another text box. Select the black selection tool, click on the text box, you will note a small icon (a plus image sitting within a square) sitting on the bottom right side of the text box. This is telling you that the volume of text is more than the current size of text box. You can either extent this box to show the rest of the text or you can link it to another box. To link it with another box, choose the selection tool again, double click on the plus icon, the cursor changes to the add text box icon. Immediately click and drag where you want the second text box to go. You will see that illustrator will automatically connect the over flow of copy into the new box. Hope this helps.

Yes it's easy. You first need to create a text box. This is done by selecting the type tool, click and drag to the area you would like the text to flow. Paste your text in this area keeping in mind to leave enough text to flow into another text box. Select the black selection tool, click on the text box, you will note a small icon (a plus image sitting within a square) sitting on the bottom right side of the text box. This is telling you that the volume of text is more than the current size of text box. You can either extent this box to show the rest of the text or you can link it to another box. To link it with another box, choose the selection tool again, double click on the plus icon, the cursor changes to the add text box icon. Immediately click and drag where you want the second text box to go. You will see that illustrator will automatically connect the over flow of copy into the new box. Hope this helps.

Ah yes I see, like in In-Design. For some reason I thought this post was referring to hyperlinks. Glad you understood the question :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.