does anyone know how to make animated logos, pictures, or .gif files? what program do you have to use to create them?

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

You can use Adobe ImageReady which should come with the newest Photoshop. You might want to double check. That's what I usually use for animated Gifs. I suggest you do a search on download.com or google for "animated gif tool" or something of that sort.

I've used Fireworks for animated gifs, when I can tolerate them. They're kind of visual garbage IMHO, other than for emoticons.

I like Flash for making animations.

my $0.02
-gkd.

does anyone know how to make animated logos, pictures, or .gif files? what program do you have to use to create them?

Ok if you never had to take graphic arts or web dev in highschool,here is some software that you will need to make animated.gifs. Ok what is a animated gif? Its a series of photos put together then ran in a cycle. The only problem with animated gifs is that they can easily use alot of bytes because there are so many frames/photos in the cycle. Thats for the intense gifs.
Example it would be really hard to upload a intense animated gif to this site because it is quite strict on the bytes. Which makes since to save bandwith. Most sites differ.
SOFTWARE:
Irfanview
http://www.webattack.com/get/irfan.html
This software will resize and convert file types jpeg.gif.bitmap....ect
I also has this tool called extract all frames. Do that on a avi.mpeg and your on your way to a cool animated.gif

Unfreez (Burn thiss app. hard to find)
http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/
This will make the animated gif. (keep in mind you have to convert images over to gif.)

If it helped you Rate This Post with a signature.

ImageReady is what alot of people use, but I would use the U-Lead GIF Animation Studio as it's very user friendly and very easy to use if you're just learning how to make animations.

Edit: Big B, you double posted, I deleted your second one. :X

gkdmaths

I just noticed your avatar. Its shows a small boy throwing a rock at a
M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank (MBT). Im just curious where this is at it can only be a couple of places in the middle east Iraq or the GAZA strip.
But what caught my eye is the text at the bottom. It says " Get Up, Stand Up". This looks like the average Terrorist banner in the middle east, except for the the towers are missing. Care to explain to a amercian. Just to clarify that your not taking part in the support of terrorist states such as Palestine.

gkdmaths

I just noticed your avatar. Its shows a small boy throwing a rock at a
M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank (MBT). Im just curious where this is at it can only be a couple of places in the middle east Iraq or the GAZA strip.
But what caught my eye is the text at the bottom. It says " Get Up, Stand Up". This looks like the average Terrorist banner in the middle east, except for the the towers are missing. Care to explain to a amercian. Just to clarify that your not taking part in the support of terrorist states such as Palestine.

Honestly, I'm not sure where it is, I assume its an Israeli tank and therefore the boy is Palestinian. The text is in reference to a popular Marley song, and I have no idea what an average terrorist banner in the Middle East would look like, with or without towers (this image was actually an old Reuters photo). As an American, am I required to explain myself to an American? I'm not sure how this 80px-square gif would support terrorist states such as Palestine, which is clearly a relative assumtion based upon ones political persuasion.

Personally, I see very little difference between this image and an image of - say - Rosa Parks throwing a rock at a white-only bus or an image of Colonists throwing stones at King George III. Would you take issue with those avatars as well?

I use this avatar for all of my forum identities. Are you particularly offended and would you prefer that I change it to a more benign avatar? Perhaps we could stray from the political talk and get back to the computer talk?

-gkd

I use my go0d 'ol paint shop pro 7.0 & animeshop 3.0 all the way !

Want to make banners the easy way ? Want to learn image manipulation ? Want to make cool siggy (signatures) for yourself ?Use paint shop pr0!
ahem..was that a sort of advert ? :)
I think I would need to make an image and save that as gif and open that image from animation shop and then again save all the frames as gif at the same time to make an animated gif...it's really easy once I get the grip and experience.

I use my go0d 'ol paint shop pro 7.0 & animeshop 3.0 all the way !

Want to make banners the easy way ? Want to learn image manipulation ? Want to make cool siggy (signatures) for yourself ?Use paint shop pr0!
ahem..was that a sort of advert ? :)
I think I would need to make an image and save that as gif and open that image from animation shop and then again save all the frames as gif at the same time to make an animated gif...it's really easy once I get the grip and experience.

BIG B, GKD, please take personal matters to PM's and if said method gets out of hand, PM a mod, super mod, or admin. No need to get the whole forum up in a heaval. ;)

I use Paint shop pro animation shop, to do all of my animating

gkdmaths
terrorist states such as Palestine.

lol@the ignorance

Create animated GIF from AVI by VidGIF

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

well there are tonnes of softwares that you can use both freeware and shareware such as ImageReady, GIF Animator wtc..
i use UnFreez for making quick and simple gif animations.

I like to use GIMP, as it's both good for image manipulation and different kinds of animated gifs. :D
It's free, too, so you might want to try that out. :D

my personal favourites are GIMP and photoshop...I use photoshop a lot for my works..

I have the doubt about that an animation how to given in a site, in which language?I dont know about the animate process in the website management.But I wish...If anybody explain about the procedure to make animation in a site?

Gimp and Fireworks are my choice

thanks for these great and helpful informations and ideas.

I have used Image Ready effectively and most of my friends work on this for gif files. Adobe leads this part as we all know :)

Closing thread as last replies did not add any value and it is attracting various spammers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.