order is important in css
in some of the styles you set

margin-top:0;
margin:5px;

result margin-top:5px; in other styles you correctly zero the top margin

margin:5px;
margin-top:0;

a group of applied 5px will soon add to the 'missing' amount

I followed most of the advice I found on here, and finally what worked for me was the body-top:0; I had originally used just the standard header or wrapper or whatever:0px; so hats off to you and kudos good sir.
Enjoy.
and if anyone wants to visit my humble self, feel free to wander over to

Edited by Ezzaral: Snipped url. Please read the rules about not promoting your site.

check the margin-top and padding-top of ur each style class (especially outer)... and check the heights and min-height of each div tag... google chrome inspect functionality may be helpful to solve this...

You have to set the top-margin to a minus figure. I currently can't see a way around this issue. Everything should stay inside the DIV, especially if add "overflow: hidden;" to the CSS, but it doesn't obey this. The spacing is cause by the contents margin values. You can add a spacer element as "<p class="spacer">&nbsp;</p>" to the innder top part of your DIV and set the CSS "text-size:" as "0px;" with a "margin:0;" as well.

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can lend a hand here with a html layout. I'm very new to site design so please forgive the sloppyness of my code

@Smeesny-

That's interesting since your signature is related to web design but OK. Please start your own thread and post your sample code.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.