Hi

Although I use Expresson Web 2 I ould do with some of the software, particularly flash, that is included in the Adobe Creative Suite 3 which is now offered as a download from Regnow.com for a very reduced price- just over a couple of hundred GBP.

I do some video editing and use Adobe Premiere Elements and might need to buy the Pro version. Unless I start making a lot of money -well enough to cover getting the whole CS4 package! It would seem that buying the CS3 suite now would be well worth it. Has anyone any advice that they could give me?

Geoff

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Go latest and flash CS4, it will worth!

Thanks Rajarajan,

CS4 is rather a lot of money, especially in the UK. I was thinking that if I have CS3 I could upgrade later and then the cost of the CS3 software would be more than covered. On the UK Amazon site an upgrade is £600 as against £1391 to buy outright. But then I could buy the lot and buy the Master collection for the same price from another supplier.

Geoff

I got this message doing a Whois on regnow.com:

WHOIS information for regnow.com :

[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.networksolutions.com]
[Querying whois.networksolutions.com]
[whois.networksolutions.com]
Welcome to the Network Solutions Registrar WHOIS Server.

The IP address from which you have visited the Network Solutions Registrar WHOIS
database is contained within a list of IP addresses that may have failed
to abide by Network Solutions' WHOIS policy. Failure to abide by this policy can
adversely impact our systems and servers, preventing the processing of
other WHOIS requests.

No comment. Except I wanted to see how long the company had been in business :)

The company has a Verisign certificate so I might still buy the CS3 suite and upgrade to CS4 Master later. I could do with a more powerful computer first :)

I have now bought CS3 from the vendor mentioned above. It was a large download 1.8GB and it failed once because, I think, I was out of the house and a checking for updates program caused a time-out. So I disabled all of my Start Up programs and disabled all services except Microsoft and rebooted and restarted the download - it had to be from the beginning! Getting the package installed and activated is a bit tricky but there was a support email with careful instructions. So I am quite pleased with my purchase. I completely uninstalled Photoshop CS just to make sure I'd be able to use it elsewhere.

Just a last comment before I finish. If anyone else wants to find the
web page that I used to buy the suite from it's not Regnow its a company that uses Regnow as their e-commerce provider it wasn't easy to find and for some reason, the link is very long, I can't post it correctly here. Use Google and "download Adobe cs3 design premium regnow" should find it the vendor is http://softwaremkt.com

All I need now is some books!

I don't wuite understand why that would be tricky unless it was illegal. I have installed and activated adobe products in the past and as long as you put the code in correctly, it works without a hitch.

I don't wuite understand why that would be tricky unless it was illegal. I have installed and activated adobe products in the past and as long as you put the code in correctly, it works without a hitch.

Well, if you have two computers running it helps. As you need to be careful. If not then review the instructions:

"Thank you for purchasing Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium.
(personal details removed)
The product may be downloaded from:
http://autoforms8m.com/ACS3DP.exe

The download size is: 1.81 GB

Your Security Code(s) is:

Your Installation Serial Number is:

You must install Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium before you can activate the software.

After installation of Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium, you will be asked to complete your product setup the first time you launch.

Please read and follow the instructions below carefully.

1.On the Activate screen, click "Other activation options".

2.Click on "Over the Phone.

3.Please go to http://autoforms8m.com/activationCS3DP.htm and copy the "Serial Number" and "Activation Number" from the Phone Activation page into the form fields.

4.After submission and verification, you will receive the Authorization Code to insert into #3 of Phone Activation window.

Because the Serial Number and Activation Number changes each time you submit them, the Phone Activation window must remain open until you enter the Authorization Code.

Please save this e-mail for your records.

If you have any more questions, please reply."

The software as supplied is legal. I have completed activation and registration and received all updates. However I would have preferred to have paid more to have it supplied on CD as well. I paid an extra fee for being able to redownload the software, ok it's an admin charge just in case I lost the software from my hard drive. Bit odd really, as I could save the .exe file elsewhere. But so what, when the software is being sold for considerably more. One site wants over a thousand pounds for it!

And hi to japan :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.