Hi,

Now days there are a lot of CMS some are well know others not so much. But I wanted to know which CMS should I use if I want to add my own design to it ?

I would like to convert my design to theme file for one of many CMS, so I could have a custom design.
What do you think? For which CMS its easiest to create theme file ?

Thank you !

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Have a look at MOdx.

Researched them all and Modx is great! Ajax, internal SEO, no outdated systems...

Joomla, Drupal and wordpress are not ideal for designers building in their own designs... takes too much effort if you don't have tons of time

Thanks,

I actually was considering mod x, but thanks for you input !

I have worked a bit with Joomla and wordpress, but it seemed to me that I would need to do a lot of reading to understand how to do it .

Thanks again for info. ! :)

If you can build custom sites with Joomla and Wordpress then Modx will be easy... not that complicated at all and there's a great community over there.

Member Avatar for diafol

Ever thought of building your own? WYSIWYG editors can handle the content while you handle the design. Perhaps a little adventurous? I built my own around the Solmetra Spaw2 editor. Although the new CKEditor is pretty smart.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Drupal , Joomla & Wordpress these are the CMS utilized for website nowadays.

If you can build custom sites with Joomla and Wordpress then Modx will be easy... not that complicated at all and there's a great community over there.

Thanks ! :)

Ever thought of building your own? WYSIWYG editors can handle the content while you handle the design. Perhaps a little adventurous? I built my own around the Solmetra Spaw2 editor. Although the new CKEditor is pretty smart.

I actaully know how to code a web page, but without administration panel, so all the changes I have to make I make in code or in wysiwyg editor. But I think it takes too much time, so I would like to learn attach my design to some good CMS.

Drupal , Joomla & Wordpress these are the CMS utilized for website nowadays.

What are your thoughts on ModX ?

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Really I dont have any idea about ModX, I am coming to know now only and going to make a reasearch on it. All these CMS Joomla, Wordpress all have their community but I am not able to judge technically which one is best. Also have a look into SMARTY.....

Thanks for all the suggestions ! :)

Hi,

Agree with the above suggestions. You should go for ModX. Apart from this you may use Wordpress, one of the finest CMS.

Thanks.

Thank you , once more Wordpress is great, but I found that when it comes to adding your custom template to CMS , modx is much more easier to use. I understand that it was built specifically for this purpose - to easy add custom styles to CMS without any restrictions.

Member Avatar for diafol

Have heard great things about squarespace. From $8/month - but is hosted. Read a mag interview/review about it and it sounded like a really good deal. Haven't tried it though.

http://www.squarespace.com/

Kindly go for using Joomla CMS. It is a very useful tool to design and change the templates. It is also useful for custom modification.

I think that joomla is harder to add custom template to than modx

Member Avatar for diafol

modx
joomla
drupal
mambo
expressionengine
b2evolution
php-nuke
pixie
typo3
textpattern

have a look at all of them.

Yes i have reserached Mod X and it seems alot easier for incorporating your own designs however if you are planning on selling these sites im not sure your customers will be able to dive right into this program i suggest WP or Joomla for ease of changing content.

I think joomla, drupal ,and word press CMS is better and even AJAX also Joomla ,drupal takes lot time to understand but it is very easy to add design

Thank you all,
I will have a lot of information now and also a lot of options. :)

But I found that for this particular job modx was the best choice for me ! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.