Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by art_wired

Assuming all things being equal... The only difference I can see is server bandwidth.

The likes of Nike and other conglomerate organisations, probably have the requisite cash reserves to host their websites on server architectures you and I can only dream of.

Think of it like you ordering 1000 do-nuts. The websites hosting you and I would use consists of one guy behind the counter having to dish up 1000 do-nuts...It would take him a long time right? Now Nike/google probably have 10,000 guys behind the counter. It wouldn't take them any time at all to dish up 1000 do-nuts.

A way to achieve a similar effect would be to dramatically reduce the image quality resolution...and have a preloader which waits to load all the images before bringing up the page.

Edited by iamthwee: n/a

Votes + Comments
very, helpful and easy to understan, thanks!!

Thanks God, that makes alot of sense... which sucks for my new web design idea =( lol

Yeah not quite sure why that is...but if you do a right click open link in new tab.

Or just go to the smashingmagazine home page.

You should be able to find it.

Edited by iamthwee: n/a

Yeah not quite sure why that is...but if you do a right click open link in new tab.

Or just go to the smashingmagazine home page.

You should be able to find it.

Ahhh!! Brilliant!!

Thanks again =)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.