I'm a manual coder and I don't generally use any CMS or frameworks. I'm looking for some examples and ideas on a base style sheet. To clarify, if you're starting a new project what would your basic, clean stylesheet look like?

I'm just trying to build my own clean stylesheet template that I can use on future projects so I'm looking for ideas from others. Hopefully my question makes sense to you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

That looks like a great start for wiping things clean.

I usually code my pages from the begginning, but the structure always remains the same:

- A wrapper,
- A header,
-Logo display
-Navigation bar
- A content wrapper,
-A column based layout
- A footer

Nichito,

What you listed is some of the information I'm looking for. Maybe if I get my own default stylesheet developed I'll post it here. What I see missing from your list is things like body and h tags.

Nichito,

What you listed is some of the information I'm looking for. Maybe if I get my own default stylesheet developed I'll post it here. What I see missing from your list is things like body and h tags.

Well, that is because I didn't include it.

The tags are as follows:

body
{
background-color:#ccc;
font-family:Helvetica;
color:#fff;
}

#wrapper
{
width:960px;

position:absolute;
left:0;
right:0;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
}

#wrapper .header
{
width:100%;
}

#navbar
{
display:inline-block;
}

#content
{
width:100%;
}

#footer
{
width:100%
}

And so on and so on... This is the basic layout, where I specify the main containers of my web page. From here you may apply styles as you wish.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.